Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Options

Comments

• diluvsdiscounts
    Options
    bubbs wrote: »
    Hi Di
    How are you?

Not great today to be honest. A couple of things people have said have really upset me which isn't like me at all and earlier on I crouched down in front of the fridge I'd done it before I even realised and ended up in a right pickle. Dh had to help me up but I've really hurt myself so I've come to bed.
    Dh is gojng back to work tomorrow, for his sanity haha, and I'm not looking forward to being on my own. People have offered to come but its not the same I just cannot do a thing, my neighbour came to see me this morning and she said I don't know what ever possessed you to have it done, I know she wasn't being nasty when she said it but its really upset me. Had I known I was going going to be like this and it not have worked either I wouldn't have had it done obviously.....rant over I'll shut up now, thanks for asking x
  • TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Cushelle toilet roll

Try me free

One claim per household up to the value of £7.75
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • SweetnSavvy
    SweetnSavvy Posts: 724 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    TrulyMadly wrote: »
    I was impressed with the Frixxy SSM. It’s the first Prosecco in a long while which hasn’t made me sneeze. :rotfl:And it tasted good too. Very smooth:)The empties look very sad in the recycling bin today. They are far too pretty:)

On the subject of booze.....the Adnams beer has gone down far too well. I am being asked to put another order in:o

:rotfl:

I'm making mine into lamp shades :T

Or what about a vase? They even sell on fleabay.

SnS
  • Enterprise_1701C
    Enterprise_1701C Posts: 23,409 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Not great today to be honest. A couple of things people have said have really upset me which isn't like me at all and earlier on I crouched down in front of the fridge I'd done it before I even realised and ended up in a right pickle. Dh had to help me up but I've really hurt myself so I've come to bed.
    Dh is gojng back to work tomorrow, for his sanity haha, and I'm not looking forward to being on my own. People have offered to come but its not the same I just cannot do a thing, my neighbour came to see me this morning and she said I don't know what ever possessed you to have it done, I know she wasn't being nasty when she said it but its really upset me. Had I known I was going going to be like this and it not have worked either I wouldn't have had it done obviously.....rant over I'll shut up now, thanks for asking x

Oh Di, you are bound to be down after what you've been through, give it time, and don't imagine any of this is you xx
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • TrulyMadly
    Cashback Cashier
    Options

Some people are so insensitive:o

The thing is Di, that you made the right decision at the time with all the facts at your disposal. It was the right thing to do and you obviously gave it a great deal of thought.

You always say that things happen for a reason. I don’t know what the reason is but I trust your sentiments.

Perhaps your neighbour should walk in your shoes for a day or two:mad:
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,923 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options

Awwww sorry you are feeling like this, you have been through such alot, not just the last 3 weeks but last couple of years, Give it time and take care xx
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • TrulyMadly
    Cashback Cashier
    Options
    I'm making mine into lamp shades :T

Or what about a vase? They even sell on fleabay.

SnS

I thought about lampshades too:rotfl:

I wanted to pop out today to get some more but ran out of time and energy:o
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • diluvsdiscounts
    Options
    Oh Di, you are bound to be down after what you've been through, give it time, and don't imagine any of this is you xx
    Thank you I'm never like this I think its just taken its toll maybe my final anaesthetic is wearing off :rotfl:
    TrulyMadly wrote: »
    Some people are so insensitive:o

The thing is Di, that you made the right decision at the time with all the facts at your disposal. It was the right thing to do and you obviously gave it a great deal of thought.

You always say that things happen for a reason. I don’t know what the reason is but I trust your sentiments.

Perhaps your neighbour should walk in your shoes for a day or two:mad:

Thanks TM I know she wasn't being malicious she really isn't that kind of person it just struck a nerve. I also know that I'm usually very thick skinned and I don't get upset easily and then to add insult to injury they go and have a bloody wine glitch without me :rotfl: I wish you could have seen dh face when he walked in my hospital room and saw all the wine, gosh I've put him through it these last coiple of weeks, he is a saint :A
  • TrulyMadly
    Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Micellar water back in stock.

Do you get notified Di or were you just lucky and spotted it.

Unsure if you can get an email notification .........
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • diluvsdiscounts
    Options
    bubbs wrote: »
    Awwww sorry you are feeling like this, you have been through such alot, not just the last 3 weeks but last couple of years, Give it time and take care xx

Thanks bubbs I've also got far too much time on my hands to dwell on these things.
    TM I don't know what the reason is yet either but one thing it has taught me is how hard the staff in the NHS work they honestly go well above and beyond their call of duty. I'm back there on Tuesday so I'm going armed with lots of thank you gifts.
    It has also made me want to give something back, I don't know what it will be yet and I can no longer donate blood or bone marrow but dh is going to do that on my behalf, as I said he is a saint. I definitely want to do something though, it was just two years since I did the charity breakfast, I will wait for a sign for my calling. In case anyone wonders no I haven't been drinking I think I'm just slightly emotional, probably time to go to sleep :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure