IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Park Direct did not reply to my appeal!

Options
13»

Comments

• sajet
    sajet Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    as the law stands at the moment , that is correct , just like an unpaid invoice from your milkman etc etc

however due to the figure involved (if you lost) I dont think we would be seeing you on the TV
    For argument's sake, lets assume I do not receive any court letters etc etc - they sue me and I lose and then bailiffs are sent to recover say £400 odd.
    If I pay this in full, then it wouldn't affect my credit score/rating etc - would that be correct?
  • fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 6,036 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 10 July 2018 at 10:41PM
    Options
    sajet wrote: »
    For argument's sake, lets assume I do not receive any court letters etc etc - they sue me and I lose and then bailiffs are sent to recover say £400 odd.
    If I pay this in full, then it wouldn't affect my credit score/rating etc - would that be correct?

You are getting in a bit of a twist here, that is not exactly how it works, if you get court papers you defend and lose you pay up that's the end of it, they don't send in bailiffs to collect anything!

Was this High St Uxbridge at the Active 4 Less fitness club car park, next to Subway, if so this is a notorious honeytrap.

The signage is a total joke and Park Direct scam here exactly like this daily, no one should pay their stupid scam charges!
  • sajet
    Options
    fisherjim wrote: »
    Was this High St Uxbridge at the Active 4 Less fitness club car park, next to Subway, if so this is a notorious honeytrap.

The signage is a total joke and Park Direct scam here exactly like this daily, no one should pay their stupid scam charges!
    Yes it was exactly there!

There was a shady blonde lady hiding behind some of the parked cars near the entrance on the right, kept popping her head up I guess trying to photograph vehicles. How embarrassing.

It took less than a minute to realise something dodgy was going on but the vehicle had been photographed by then.
  • sajet
    Options
    fisherjim wrote: »
    You are getting in a bit of a twist here, that is not exactly how it works, if you get court papers you defend and lose you pay up that's the end of it, they don't send in bailiffs to collect anything!
    If I don't receive any court letters and lose by default?
  • twhitehousescat
    Options

dunno ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,you want to phone a friend?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,730 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options

I think you need to see this scam this the way we do, and stop worrying about nothing. They DON'T SUE, and why would you miss letters, and get bailiffs round, how could that happen?

The only action to take is to:

- ignore the silly debt letters, like we all did for years before POPLA existed

- make them do some work & send Park Direct a SAR, as discussed here:
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5849784

- complain to your MP

- complain to Trading Standards, like this:

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=74503584#post74503584

- update any PPC scammers with any new address if you move, and keep proof of that letter

- spend your money on you and your loved ones.

:)
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options

How many times do you want to be reassured?

Can't keep repeating the same advice.

This latest scenario isn't worth considering!

If you lose by default then you are best paying it off . Why would you default?

You don't ignore Court correspondence in the unlikely that you get any!

Provided that you don't ignore Court correspondence you are unlikely to get a default judgment!

Now put all this to bed.
  • sajet
    Options
    Thanks all, appreciate your time and efforts. I will update this post as soon as I hear back.

I've been waiting a long time. This time though ..It's coming home :)
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    edited 11 July 2018 at 9:33AM
    Options
    Don't worry about anything they say if they reply to your latest "dispute letter" - why did you send it anyway, bearing in mind the advice you have been given?

Don't bother posting about hearing from the debt collectors !!

Read #4 in the Newbies FAQ!!!

And read this thread from page one:

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5035663
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills