Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Options

Comments

• emerald21
    emerald21 Posts: 11,349 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Haven’t said anything earlier but have some fantastic news to share. DS and his gf are expecting a baby in June. They didn’t think she could have children so this has come as a complete surprise to them. So sweet, bless them. She’s had a few scans now and all is fine, they’re pretty sure it’s a boy :).

They live in Spain so DH, DD2, DGD1 and I have booked flights to go out and see them next month :D.

Don’t want to tempt fate so not taking any baby bits out there yet but it hasn’t stopped me buying them ;).

Mothercare have a fab sale on, loads of stuff in the clearance just depends on what each store has to clear so going further afield tomorrow to have a nosey in a larger store.

Good news :)
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    jacand wrote: »
    Lost £20 of APG vouchers, they were showing expire 06/01 and I had planned on using them tonight to place an order. Now I'm not sure whether to ring and complain and risk flagging my account or just take the hit. What would the Elite do?

It depends on how you generated the vouchers - normal or glitchy shop? A number of Elite have had accounts suspended/closed so it may be best not to complain (then get revenge on another glitch :D) :(.

Anon
  • louj101
    louj101 Posts: 1,704 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    lou sorry to read about you getting upset in a store today. Hope you manage to explain to your bank :)

thank you x

:(broke my back doing glitching :eek:
  • Serendipitious
    Options
    Congratulations Hampy, exciting times x
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• abailey54
    abailey54 Posts: 1,581 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    bubbs wrote: »
    Keep practising:rotfl::rotfl: is it dd's birthday tomorrow?

No, but close, just couple of weeks ago. Not having her party for another 2 weeks because I was disorganised and didn’t realise January would get booked up so quickly. The social lives of the under 4s eh
    Final cigarette smoked 02/01/18
    Weight loss 2017 28lbs
    Weight gain 2018 8lbs :rotfl:
  • 3Dogs
    3Dogs Posts: 14,092 Forumite
    Options
    Haven’t said anything earlier but have some fantastic news to share. DS and his gf are expecting a baby in June. They didn’t think she could have children so this has come as a complete surprise to them. So sweet, bless them. She’s had a few scans now and all is fine, they’re pretty sure it’s a boy :).

They live in Spain so DH, DD2, DGD1 and I have booked flights to go out and see them next month :D.

Don’t want to tempt fate so not taking any baby bits out there yet but it hasn’t stopped me buying them ;).

Mothercare have a fab sale on, loads of stuff in the clearance just depends on what each store has to clear so going further afield tomorrow to have a nosey in a larger store.

Fantastic news hampy :j :j
    :( Mr 3Dogs 3-7-12 :( 3Dogs'Mam 31-3-13 :(
  • 3Dogs
    3Dogs Posts: 14,092 Forumite
    Options
    I am signing off now to get a couple of hours sleep as I am leaving about 4.30am to drive down to Portsmouth

Night Night folks ZZZZzzzzzzzzzz
    :( Mr 3Dogs 3-7-12 :( 3Dogs'Mam 31-3-13 :(
  • pacifica9
    pacifica9 Posts: 3,262 Forumite
    Options

:T Congrats to all.
    “Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it.” ~ Ferris Bueller
  • hampydoodums
    hampydoodums Posts: 3,503 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks for the good wishes peeps, off to bed now :)
    :happylove Nanny to 2 Cherubs :happylove
  • mrs_lds
    mrs_lds Posts: 4,103 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I won, I won, I won!
    Options
    Good morning beautiful people
    Advice please
    If taking an item back for refund. Is it best before or after apg claimed ? Tia it was an unwanted gift tia
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure