eBay returned item problem

Options

Comments

• Moogles44
    Moogles44 Posts: 237 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    If you are a high volume seller there are far better services than SF with RM. Have you thought about Royal Mail Tracked? You get a free collection with it too.

I don't understand that bit.

I got that last bit a bit muddled.

I looked into getting my parcels collected on Royal Mail business but there was a fee?

OP have you rung PayPal yet? Please try :)
    If you don’t like a thread or post just move on by.

Never a need to be ugly
  • theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Moogles44 wrote: »
    I got that last bit a bit muddled.

I looked into getting my parcels collected on Royal Mail business but there was a fee?

OP have you rung PayPal yet? Please try :)

You didn't read my post.

As a high volume seller you should look at Royal Mail Tracked. It is what we use for about 70% of our business.
  • theonlywayisup
    Options
    I have though. I've won many cases with that exact scenario . Ebay say , yes I can see through tracking you posted item on time and I can see they tried to deliver and it's at their post office.

I swear I have won many cases with item still being at their local post office and not actually with the buyer, I've been selling about 7 years at least and I never have lost one case where this is the case.

You won't win an INR on "posted on time". I think we are talking at cross purposes. You will only win it if our "proof of delivery" shows as delivered.
  • Moogles44
    Options
    You didn't read my post.

As a high volume seller you should look at Royal Mail Tracked. It is what we use for about 70% of our business.

To get it collected though isn't there a fee? I looked into something like that before but it had a cost with it? Maybe I looked at something different on their site?

Never a need to be ugly
  • Moogles44
    Options
    You won't win an INR on "posted on time". I think we are talking at cross purposes. You will only win it if our "proof of delivery" shows as delivered.

I just threw that bit in there about posting on time as that's what I often have to prove.

Items, even if left at post office awaiting collection from buyer, always have got the INR closed in my favour . I've had to do it many times over the years.

Never a need to be ugly
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,207 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I just threw that bit in there about posting on time as that's what I often have to prove.

Items, even if left at post office awaiting collection from buyer, always have got the INR closed in my favour . I've had to do it many times over the years.

You are very unique, there are sellers who would pay to know how you can win INRs without proof of delivery. It is against both eBay and PayPal terms and conditions, on PayPal for instance you need to show not only that item was delivered, but it went within 7 days to the address given by PayPal , so in other words it is not delivered if at a post office waiting collection.

I'm a small seller , currently only doing about 250 items a month , I'm TRS as well and I certainly can't win an INR with proof of posting or tracking showing the parcel is somewhere else.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • soolin
    Options
    http://pages.ebay.co.uk/ebay-money-back-guarantee/index.html

We want you to shop hassle-free on eBay.
    Most purchases go through with no problems at all. However, if your item doesn’t arrive or wasn’t what was described in the listing:
    We’ll make sure that you get the item you ordered; or
    You’ll be refunded the purchase price and original postage costs if you paid using PayPal.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Moogles44
    Options
    soolin wrote: »
    You are very unique, there are sellers who would pay to know how you can win INRs without proof of delivery. It is against both eBay and PayPal terms and conditions, on PayPal for instance you need to show not only that item was delivered, but it went within 7 days to the address given by PayPal , so in other words it is not delivered if at a post office waiting collection.

I'm a small seller , currently only doing about 250 items a month , I'm TRS as well and I certainly can't win an INR with proof of posting or tracking showing the parcel is somewhere else.

That's so strange . It must pay to ring them then and talk to someone as I win every time I ring them and get them to check tracking , even if it's at the buyers post office. And like I say , it's honestly happened many times.
    I must be getting the ones that haven't read the eBay policy :)

Never a need to be ugly
  • theonlywayisup
    Options
    To get it collected though isn't there a fee? I looked into something like that before but it had a cost with it? Maybe I looked at something different on their site?

There is no fee, it comes free with Tracked.
  • soolin
    Options
    That's so strange . It must pay to ring them then and talk to someone as I win every time I ring them and get them to check tracking , even if it's at the buyers post office. And like I say , it's honestly happened many times.
    I must be getting the ones that haven't read the eBay policy :)

The only other thing is whether or not the cross purposes are that you refund on a non collected item- so don't 'win' the case but actually stop it when the refund is issued. I have 'won' cases in that instance as the refund automatically closes the case in sellers favour.
    If you don't refund and buyer is left without goods or money then this is a dangerous situation and I suspect if it gets out that buyers can lose money and not receive their goods then people would stay away from ebay in droves- I certainly would hesitate to buy anything where the site was not legally compliant. I know I could go to small claims to force a refund for goods not delivered, but who wants to do that if this becomes commonplace?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure