eBay package never received. Now what?

Options
Recently ordered a cheap electronic notebook from eBay. Package never arrives. Checked with sender, they say to check with delivery service. Checked with Hermes, they have a picture of a package at my doorstep on their online tracking service. But nowt here though.

Go back to sender who tells me to file a claim with the delivery company. Go to the delivery company, they say this can only be done by the sender, not the recipient. Go back to the sender who says it's now between me, eBay and the delivery company. Have to wait another week to get eBay involved. What's my chances?

Comments

• GabbaGabbaHey
    GabbaGabbaHey Posts: 1,078 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    bayatahmed wrote: »
    Checked with Hermes, they have a picture of a package at my doorstep on their online tracking service.
    Sounds to me as if your first port of call should be your local police to report a package stolen from your doorstep.

You may have a case against the seller (as their chosen carrier - Hermes - left the package in an unsafe place), but the culprit here is really whoever removed the package from your doorstep.
    Philip
  • bayatahmed
    Options
    You may have a case against the seller (as their chosen carrier - Hermes - left the package in an unsafe place), but the culprit here is really whoever removed the package from your doorstep.
    I live in a deeply rural area where the closest neighbourhood is a hamlet of mansions. They are much more interested in converting me to Christianity than stealing someone's parcel. Also, I had that day off, and I was only out for an hour. The delivery guy has truly drove up, took a picture, and stolen it. There's no other explanation. I'm not expecting a victory on this, just want to know what's next.
  • theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I have commented on your other thread.

You will lose a dispute if the tracking shows as delivered. You should then appeal and upload your evidence that the delivery wasn't to a safe place.
  • bayatahmed
    Options
    I have commented on your other thread.

You will lose a dispute if the tracking shows as delivered. You should then appeal and upload your evidence that the delivery wasn't to a safe place.
    Thanks. The tracking shows as delivered. The delivery guy has obviously stolen the parcel. Well, I lose. No point in getting angry about it. That was the risk I took. Oh well.
  • theonlywayisup
    Options
    Thanks. The tracking shows as delivered. The delivery guy has obviously stolen the parcel. Well, I lose. No point in getting angry about it. That was the risk I took. Oh well.

There is nothing to suggest the delivery guy has stolen your parcel.

You should open a case, it will go on the sellers favour, then you appeal it. Do it on eBay and the likelihood is that with your evidence they will reimburse you themselves.

Ideally you should have the seller on side and he/she would have dealt with the disputed delivery.
  • bayatahmed
    Options
    There is nothing to suggest the delivery guy has stolen your parcel.

You should open a case, it will go on the sellers favour, then you appeal it. Do it on eBay and the likelihood is that with your evidence they will reimburse you themselves.

Ideally you should have the seller on side and he/she would have dealt with the disputed delivery.

There's everything to suggest the company stole my parcel. I live in a remote village. There's no pavements or shops. Everyone in the area is deeply religious. You couldn't miss my address if you tried. It's obvious the delivery guy literally stole his own delivery. Whatever, I know the score now. Thanks.
  • theonlywayisup
    Options
    I too live in the middle of nowhere. Pavements and shops do not exist. Post codes are purely for the one house as there is nowhere else nearby. BUT, that doesn't mean a missing parcel is down to a delivery driver theft.

You have the info you need to proceed.
  • bayatahmed
    Options
    I too live in the middle of nowhere. Pavements and shops do not exist. Post codes are purely for the one house as there is nowhere else nearby. BUT, that doesn't mean a missing parcel is down to a delivery driver theft.

You have the info you need to proceed.
    Proceed straight into a brick wall. Great. Well, thanks for making it clear. Luckily it wasn't an expensive purchase. Next time I'll use recorded delivery. Thank you.
  • theonlywayisup
    Options
    Proceed straight into a brick wall. Great. Well, thanks for making it clear. Luckily it wasn't an expensive purchase. Next time I'll use recorded delivery. Thank you.

No, proceed to an appeal, which (if your evidence is as you say) you will win.

Although your comment above is odd. Were you the buyer or seller?

Recorded delivery doesn't exist and if it did, any enhancement is for the sellers advantage not the buyer.
  • GabbaGabbaHey
    GabbaGabbaHey Posts: 1,078 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Regardless of whether the parcel was stolen by the delivery driver, your Christian neighbours, a scrote who just happened to be driving through your village, or aliens from the planet Zoz, I again repeat that your first port of call needs to be your local police, to report a stolen package.
    Philip
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport