Comments

• HelpMeMove
    Options
    Here's my time line:

08/02/08 agreed in principle over phone
    11/02/08 received app forms
    12/02/08 sent completed app forms and supporting docs
    13/02/08 forms and docs received by FD
    15/02/08 received back pay slips only with a note to say they will be in contact in 10 days
    18/02/08 Needed further proof of address which they later didn't need (see below). Current a/c will be open in 24-48 hrs
    23/02/08 Received Welcome pack and all the remaining docs back in the self addressed envelope.
    27/02/08 Payment of £299 charged to CC, but no AIP in post. Called and arranged the valuation while its processed.
    03/03/08 Received offer doc with wrong offer type (Home buyers instead of Buildings). Valuation company contacted EA to arrange survey for 04/0308
    04/03/08 Called FD to correct the survey type on the offer doc and instruct the valuation company accordingly
    06/03/08 Received amended offer doc. Signed and sent back
    10/03/08 Confirmed receipt of signed offer doc and valuation
    11/03/08 Solicitor received legal pack
    14/03/08 FD queried our deposit source, need a statement from our parents who are helping.
    17/03/08 Solicitor faxes statements to FD
    20/03/08 FD process the statements
    25/03/08 I chase them, they confirm a fax has been sent, solicitor not received anything
    26/03/08 still nothing, chase them again. They are holding us back from completing on 28/03/08 :mad:
    11/04/08 Mortgage account set up, we've been charged twoce for booking fee, chased them up and its been returned.
    14/04/08 We completed! Wooo hoo

We completed 9 weeks after our first covnersation to FD. FD themselves took 8 weeks.
  • dweeby
    dweeby Posts: 238 Forumite
    Options
    allan673 wrote: »
    anyone else had there statements etc returned so quickly.
    As of today, they've had everything of mine for 14 days - not had any of my stuff back.

It's easier to get through to them once the bank account is set up (first thing they do), as you're classed as an existing customer and on their system.

They go through your bank statements item by item, and assess affordability based on your outgoings on the statements you've provided. "Affordability" seems to be as important as LTV and salary multiples.

If they raise any queries with you, they write to you (not call). When they receive your responses, they review it in strict rotation - they don't receive the information and instantly say "yup, that's it, thanks!". So, by the time they query you by mail, recieve your response and review it - 5+ days can have passed. Also, they seem to work to a non-negotiable check-list, if you offer useful information that isn't on their list - they're not interested.

Frustrating when you're trying to buy a house!
    Andy
    The older I get, the better I was...
  • dweeby wrote: »
    Also, they seem to work to a non-negotiable check-list, if you offer useful information that isn't on their list - they're not interested.

Frustrating when you're trying to buy a house!

Not sure how true this is.... i am trying to weasle out of paying their valuation charge.. I onlymoved house and ported my old mortgage in december when existing lender valued.... they have said that if i can get a copy of the valuation the my lender used "for lending pruposes", but not my homebuyers report then they're take that if its only a couple of months old..

I doubt my lender will send it me though but worth a try! i found their approach very flexible... even after i have sent my forms back i have changed the amount i'm borrowing with minimal fuss, and even got a text today confirming they had got my form and would start to process them shortly.

no rush for my remortgage though as redemption penalty runs for a good few months yet..
  • Choppie_2
    Options
    Hi all,

Has anyone got FD's 5 yr fixed with >80% LTV (I need 85.54) When I got the agreement in principle I hadn't got the detail from my current lender which is where the 85.54% figures come from??

thanks in advance.
  • LostSocks
    Options
    Not sure how true this is.... i am trying to weasle out of paying their valuation charge.. I onlymoved house and ported my old mortgage in december when existing lender valued.... they have said that if i can get a copy of the valuation the my lender used "for lending pruposes", but not my homebuyers report then they're take that if its only a couple of months old..

We are purchasing a house and already have a mortgage offer from another lender, but thought we would get this mortgage instead as it would save us money. I have tried to get them to use our valuation - the mortgage one and our independent home buyers survey, but they have told me no straight away. How did you manage to get them to say they would if it was the lending one? I have a copy of mine and would be really happy to send it on to them and save another valuation fee.
  • jem16
    jem16 Posts: 19,398 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    LostSocks wrote: »
    We are purchasing a house and already have a mortgage offer from another lender, but thought we would get this mortgage instead as it would save us money. I have tried to get them to use our valuation - the mortgage one and our independent home buyers survey, but they have told me no straight away. How did you manage to get them to say they would if it was the lending one? I have a copy of mine and would be really happy to send it on to them and save another valuation fee.

That's two of us that have been told our mortgage valuations could be used - it may require "retyped" we were told.

Why don't you send them a copy anyway?
  • LostSocks
    Options
    jem16 wrote: »
    That's two of us that have been told our mortgage valuations could be used - it may require "retyped" we were told.

Why don't you send them a copy anyway?

I phoned them again today to check if they have my application and got through to somebody in the credit approvals dept. I also asked about the valuation and got a totally different reply. Yes they can use it if it is the valuation for mortgage purposes and they surveyor is on their panel. So I'm sending a copy today. I guess it must be who you talk to.
  • woohoo.. thats good news.. fingers crossed they dont try and get out of it... hopefully they wont. I have dealt with FD and they have been quite possibly the best bank i have ever dealt with..#

My only gripe was the delay in speaking to someone over the mortgage transfer, but given the superb deals i guess that was no surprise... just used to getting through to them with 3 rings to a call centre who know their stuff first time i suppose!

gl with your valuation being accepted.. let us know if they do..
  • LostSocks
    Options
    I've updated my timescale with the latest items. FD called today to ask for some missing info on my app.
  • allan673
    allan673 Posts: 1,213 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    this is good to know, i will keep mine updated too.it gives us all a comparison and rough timescale.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure