HSBC Credit Report Updates

Options
My Partner and I are trying to apply for a mortgage with HSBC, to borrow what we needed we had to settle an HSBC Loan she had with her ex-Husband, which was done on 2nd Dec 19. Even though we have provided HSBC with proof it was settled, they are saying we have to wait for this to reflect on my partners credit report.

She chased HSBC today and they said they only notify Experian every 3 months so it won't be done until March. It seems that even though the recently settled loan and the mortgage application are both with HSBC, the won't accept the mortgage application until the credit report shows it's settled. So we are stuck in an HSBC Bermuda Triangle.

So to the point if my post, is there anyway we can get HSBC to force through an update to Experian sooner, otherwise we will lose the property we are trying to buy and probably our buyers to.

Comments

• Ben8282
    Ben8282 Posts: 4,821 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Newshound!
    edited 12 December 2019 at 10:28PM
    Options
    Lenders normally report every month, not every three months.
    Have never heard of a lender only reporting every three months and what a strange coincidence that the three monthly reporting date just happens to be three months after the loan was settled. You really chose a bad day to settle. If you had settled a day earlier ….

HSBC also appear to be being unnecessarily difficult as they must be fully aware that the loan is settled.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure