“Rock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life.”

Options

Comments

• teafor2
    teafor2 Posts: 3,322 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Nice that you were able to see your relatives, but maybe after today you won't feel so guilty that the DC's don't see them as often.

We live in what's considered a very nice area but somebody got stabbed round the corner from us a couple of years ago. It wasn't random, it was in a house but rumour was it was drugs related. You don't have to live in a 'rough' area any more for this sort of thing to happen. :( xx
  • teapot2
    teapot2 Posts: 3,262 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Glad you have a holiday to all look forward to - is that going to be in October?

Scary to have people kicking at your door. Where we used to live drug dealers moved in next door and we were always getting people banging on our door or trying to get in as the doors were very close together :eek:
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    teafor2 wrote: »
    Nice that you were able to see your relatives, but maybe after today you won't feel so guilty that the DC's don't see them as often.

We live in what's considered a very nice area but somebody got stabbed round the corner from us a couple of years ago. It wasn't random, it was in a house but rumour was it was drugs related. You don't have to live in a 'rough' area any more for this sort of thing to happen. :( xx

Totally agree. I live in a quiet village, in which the council decided to rehouse a ‘less desirable’ family in as a safe house. The son of said family then proceeded to cause the death of a village lad, by spraying him in the face with acid so he was unable to see and he stepped back into the path of a car (made even more desperately sad by the fact that the victim’s cousin was driving the car :() Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,047 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Another MSE'r has seen my area this week :o I'm sure they'd agree it's 'cough' rough :o I wouldn't ring the police Cherry then I'd be worried I'd be the 'right house' :o I keep myself to myself seems the best way :o :rotfl:
    Fair enough. :)

You are probably improving the tone of the area no end anyway what with your shiny windows and sweeping round outside. ;)
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons. 5/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • teafor2
    teafor2 Posts: 3,322 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Totally agree. I live in a quiet village, in which the council decided to rehouse a ‘less desirable’ family in as a safe house. The son of said family then proceeded to cause the death of a village lad, by spraying him in the face with acid so he was unable to see and he stepped back into the path of a car (made even more desperately sad by the fact that the victim’s cousin was driving the car :() Xx

That's awful PLMBL. :( I hope the scumbag got re-housed at Her Majesty's Pleasure for a long time and the family got moved on. x
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,308 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options

Beyond words :(
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    teafor2 wrote: »
    That's awful PLMBL. :( I hope the scumbag got re-housed at Her Majesty's Pleasure for a long time and the family got moved on. x

He got 8 years and I believe he’s out and has reoffended if the rumours are true :(.

The family were moved immediately Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,128 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Glad the holiday is still on x
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    Fantastic news that you are still going on holiday.

Take care xx
    Mortgage Jan 2023 9yrs 11mths £61,389 Mortgage overpayment £1867/£3600 Mortgage Jan 2022 11yrs 6mths £69.996 Mortgage overpayment £3132/£3600
  • WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Good morning :)

Busy morning cleaning and things and time just seems to have run away with its self.

Spoke to tax credits and apparently there is a huge load of hardship claims at this time of year but I can now see they have received the form and its on step 1 of 4. Expected response by the 29th May :)

Had a rough night with youngest's breathing so she's on the sofa feeling sorry for herself and tired. Older two are showered and dressed - just eating a snack.

Need to go to town to collect youngest's shoes today and we have the appointment tomorrow. Also need to call FF which I'm going to do now with my cuppa.

Hope you all have a lovely day

x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback