Apple ID Help please!!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Cinders2001
    Cinders2001 Posts: 1,454 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Zero scores!!! Now that's just sickening! I'd be complaining to the International Criminal Court..... let me know how you get on!

Right, now away from 1st world problems life DOES go on.

Yeah, I know! Lol!
    But we First Worlders are in our own little world aren't we!

Actually, if all goes well the scores remain intact!! :rotfl::T
    ** Freebies and money saved with the help of you all? - Don't know ....lost count! **
    ** Stay Safe **
  • Frozen_up_north
    Options
    Our two iPhones have an individual Apple ID for iCloud backup and a common ID for app purchases. It’s a standard way of family iPhone (and iPad) use. No problems with this config.

BTW, if you use a common ID for all devices then phone numbers and pictures synchronise across all the devices. Not a problem for your iPhone and iPad, but not recommended for “his and hers” (or family) phones.
  • Cinders2001
    Cinders2001 Posts: 1,454 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Our two iPhones have an individual Apple ID for iCloud backup and a common ID for app purchases. It’s a standard way of family iPhone (and iPad) use. No problems with this config.

BTW, if you use a common ID for all devices then phone numbers and pictures synchronise across all the devices. Not a problem for your iPhone and iPad, but not recommended for “his and hers” (or family) phones.

Now I'm a tad confused ( not hard!!) !
    So that's two id's?
    One each for iCloud and one one for both for AppStore?
    I just assumed it was one or all separate!
    ** Freebies and money saved with the help of you all? - Don't know ....lost count! **
    ** Stay Safe **
  • Frozen_up_north
    Options
    Now I'm a tad confused ( not hard!!) !
    So that's two id's?
    One each for iCloud and one one for both for AppStore?
    I just assumed it was one or all separate!

One for iTunes and App Store, a different one for iCloud. The first is for purchases and downloads (and would usually be common to family members - means you only buy an app once and share the purchase with every member), the second for your personal data and is the one you would use to find a missing device with “find my iPhone”.

You see both under settings on an iPhone. Not sure about other Apple devices as we only have iPhones.
  • bm147
    bm147 Posts: 27 Forumite
    edited 11 January 2018 at 4:41PM
    Options
    if you remove an apple ID from an iPad or iPhone apps already installed will not be deleted..

All that will happen is, when its time to update the app, as you will be signed in to the app store with another ID, the device will ask you to supply the password associated with the account that initially downloaded the app.

Hope this makes sense, but again, dont panic, it wont delete the apps already installed.

You will lose things like notes etc... however.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure