SSP amount

Options
I have been off work this past few weeks and will be off for the next couple of months, but the rate of SSP im getting i believe is not correct, the first week i received £79.43 pw the second and third weeks i have received £89.84 pw so before i ring the company accountant can anyone offer me any help regarding what SSP i should be getting every week?

Comments

• poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,964 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    bikeit wrote: »
    I have been off work this past few weeks and will be off for the next couple of months, but the rate of SSP im getting i believe is not correct, the first week i received £79.43 pw the second and third weeks i have received £89.84 pw so before i ring the company accountant can anyone offer me any help regarding what SSP i should be getting every week?
    This may help but bear in mind the new tax year has recently started and it may have gone up slightly.
    https://www.gov.uk/statutory-sick-pay
  • Alice_Holt
    Alice_Holt Posts: 5,950 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Alice Holt Forest situated some 4 miles south of Farnham forms the most northerly gateway to the South Downs National Park.
  • chrisbur
    chrisbur Posts: 4,054 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options

Are these the gross or net figures, if net have you checked your payslips to see if there were any deductions eg. union pension.
  • bikeit
    bikeit Posts: 159 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Net figures, cant comment on payslips as i haven't got any since i have been off sick, qualifying days in first week are 1 as i lost the first three days and the last day i worked was a friday and our week in work goes from Thursday to Thursday.
  • chrisbur
    chrisbur Posts: 4,054 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 23 April 2018 at 11:25AM
    Options
    Net figures, cant comment on payslips as i haven't got any since i have been off sick, qualifying days in first week are 1 as i lost the first three days and the last day i worked was a friday and our week in work goes from Thursday to Thursday.

Not sure about your SSP calculation that you have linked to as you give your first day of sickness as 21/3 but say your last day of work was a Friday, presumably the Friday before the 21/3 which was 16/3.
    Do you normally work 5 days a week Monday to Friday, or some other pattern?
    Do you have any deductions other than tax and national insurance from your wages?

The figure for SSP is what you get as your gross wage if there are any deductions normally made these will be taken from your SSP. As such you cannot check SSP without knowing what these are.
    Also the first payment you received probably fell into last tax year so there could well have been some tax rebate included in it, and possibly some earnings prior to sickness.

To check your SSP you do really need to get hold of your payslips.
  • bikeit
    bikeit Posts: 159 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have requested my payslips, and will report back when i get them thanks, as for deductions money comes out for a pension its around £10 per week.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure