I want to stop drowning

Options

Comments

• debtaghh
    debtaghh Posts: 1,794 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning Hun,

I know what you mean about budgetting at this time of year, I find it difficult too.

Well done on the sales and the cc payment, I'm sure you'll smash that cc in no time.

Have a great day today, hope the weather stays dry for you xx
    Enjoy your day out , you are doing great .
    MrsSave wrote: »
    I hope you have a lovely day out too. Fingers crossed we can both post tonight that we have stuck to our budgets!

The next 2 months look expensive here too. Lots of Christmas activities coming up!!

Thanks everyone. I think ( and hope ) it will be a lot easier to stick to a budget from January!

Have a lovely day everyone xx
  • enthusiasticsaver
    enthusiasticsaver Posts: 15,594 Ambassador
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    That is a hefty £3k + off the debt but I guess some of that was from the savings you built up through balance transfers? If not a £3k reduction in less than one month is brilliant but I guess unaffordable? If I remember right you are aiming for £1k per month reduction when you don't have the borrowed cushion of savings? Good news on you getting your November salary already. Here is hoping for some good sales figures for you in November and December on run up to Christmas.

Budgeting will be easier from January. Have you booked a holiday for next year or have you not succumbed this year? I seem to remember you cancelled one?
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • debtaghh
    Options
    I have used some of the savings but still have a bit left for Xmas, emergencies and holidays. I’d love to be able to clear 1k a month but my aim is to clear my Tesco £580 and then Nuba £1700.

I had three holidays booked ( Pre light bulb moment) I’ve cancelled one completely as I didn’t pay a deposit , I’ve changed one to just the weekend which was covered by the deposit that I would have lost if I cancelled and the other one is a week in the UK. I have money in a pot for spending money from loose change. We have an annual pass for a place but we won’t be renewing it which will save us £350 plus the fuel of about £400 per year of getting there. We are using it today but I wanted to eat what we wanted there as it’s a treat but I have now decided against it and gone to the shop instead and bought nice goodies as a treat from there and we have a flask of coffee so will only need dinner so will be spending half than I expected.
  • debtaghh
    Options
    Hope everyone has had a nice day.

I’ve managed to spend 1/4 of what I had planned to spend so am very pleased. I really think I’m very aware of wasting money and it’s getting easier to cut down as the desire isn’t there as much and in fact it annoys me if we waste money. Don’t get me wrong this time of year doesn’t make things easy from a financial point of view.
  • debtaghh
    Options
    Morning,

I’m off to friend’s today but am feeling a little annoyed as she has had a really bad time lately I said I’ll grab us a takeaway like kfc etc. Ste has text me and put her and her families order in and I feel she has taken advantage a bit. She did say she will pay for theirs but I’d already offered that I would pay so don’t know what to do. It will cost at least £5 more than it should have done, which I know isn’t a lot but it means spending £20 just on their food not including ours. I don’t mean to be tight but it really all adds up.

Anyway as I’m out today , Jobs I need to do before going:

Washing
    Hoovering
    Check what foods I have for lunches tomorrow
    Book cinema with free codes
    Look at calendar at bdays for this month

Have a nice day everyone x
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Well done on not spending as much yesterday and it's good that you've noticed your attitude to spending has changed.

I'd be a bit miffed to about your friend, similar thing happened to me earlier on in the year and I vowed never again xx
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hope you get paid for the extra you are providing .
  • enthusiasticsaver
    Options
    Umm I would not be paying for someone elses takeaway in your position when really you cannot afford it for you. That is £30 or £40 if for a lot of you which is half a weekly food shop. I think you need to stress you are skint to your family and friends or these sorts of things will keep happening and throw your budget out. Also maybe taking a deep breath before you feel the urge to offer to pay out for things you cannot afford.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • debtaghh
    Options
    Umm I would not be paying for someone elses takeaway in your position when really you cannot afford it for you. That is £30 or £40 if for a lot of you which is half a weekly food shop. I think you need to stress you are skint to your family and friends or these sorts of things will keep happening and throw your budget out. Also maybe taking a deep breath before you feel the urge to offer to pay out for things you cannot afford.

I’ve managed to get out of it! Massive step for me!
  • enthusiasticsaver
    Options
    Well done!! As you say a massive step for you but unbudgeted costs like that all add up. I appreciate you are a nice person and want to do nice things for your friends but you need to look after yourself as well and that means not stressing over paying for unbudgeted stuff.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback