Clearing Credit Card debt - Eligibility Calculator

Options
Hey there (sorry for cross-posting)

I need a bit of advice. Just to set the scene, I am single and live alone in London. I work full time and have been actively looking for a part-time job to help with bills, but haven't been successful so far.

The only debt I have is a Barclays credit card, the balance is under £8K and has slowly crept up to this amount over the last few years since moving house. I have just about managed my finances, defaulting once accidentally by paying a little under the minimum and now Barclays have been in contact with me to say I have to pay much more than the minimum - £300+ month.

I am so determined to pay it off hence looking for a part time job, I looked into a loan and 0% credit card in the past but my credit score wasn't high enough. However, I did a quick search today after receiving notification of my score increasing and this is best of the offers I received.

M&S
0% period of 32 months then 19.9%

Transfer fee of £77

0.99% of £7,713

Cost to you £167

Balance repaid in 40 months

CHANCE OF APPROVAL - 6/10

Sainsbury's Bank
0% period of 30 months then 19.95%

Transfer fee of £116

1.5% of £7,713

Cost to you £272

Balance repaid in 40 months

CHANCE OF APPROVAL - 9/10

Halifax

0% period of 34 months then 19.95%

Transfer fee of £232

3% of £7,713

Cost to you £294

Balance repaid in 41 months

CHANCE OF APPROVAL 9/10

Not sure if I should put in an application for M&S because the chance of approval is so low in comparison to the others. Can anyone offer any advice about whether which one I should apply for?

Many thanks in advance

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family