Subway lunch deal no more?

Options

Comments

• Cornucopia
    Cornucopia Posts: 16,159 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I was in Subway today and they (at least that branch) have changed the Sunday Sub of the Day slightly.

It's an all day breakfast sub, and used to have a pre-cooked poached egg as one of the ingredients (with bacon and sausage). I don't like hard eggs and the Subway eggs always looked unpalatable sat in the chiller cabinet in a big pile. Anyway, they've obviously had some constructive feedback and now have omelettes as an alternative, which works really well.

Good value for £2.49, too: 6 inch sub, with omelette, bacon, sausage, cheese, maybe onion and tomato with a dollop of ketchup or bbq sauce. Free coffee on the side (with Subcard points). :)
  • chelseak12345
    Options
    My local subway doesn't do the deal either which is annoying as it is not worth the money otherwise! They also charge to have cheese and toasted now too!
  • awbr
    awbr Posts: 12 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Standard prices of the subs seem to have gone up too. I could have sworn the most basic range of 6 inch subs were £2.79 only a few months ago...
  • arlenewei
    Options
    So does mine ,but it become more and more expensive
  • 1974Marie
    Options
    Hi. I have not been in for ages. I wish they would bring back SUB OF THE DAY @ only £1.99
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    1974Marie wrote: »
    Hi. I have not been in for ages. I wish they would bring back SUB OF THE DAY @ only £1.99

Why not tell them ?
  • 1974Marie
    Options
    DCFC79 wrote: »
    Why not tell them ?

Sorry what are you asking me? I have noted your reply to me elsewhere today about Dyson slash Argos. Do one.
  • dawyldthing
    Options
    Sub of the day is £2.49. Things will keep rising unfortunately but it’s not bad really
    :T:T :beer: :beer::beer::beer: to the lil one :) :beer::beer::beer:
  • wondermouse
    Options
    I remember when McDonald's hamburgers were 39p and cheeseburgers 49p.
  • Cornucopia
    Cornucopia Posts: 16,159 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    It's worth bearing in mind that offers can be combined (usually).

Therefore the Sub of the Day Meal Deal is £3.69, which is good VFM.

I sometimes drop in for Free Coffee (with Subcard points) and a Cookie - a nice break for 60p.

Also some Subways now give out vouchers printed on receipts. These can also be stacked with other offers. e.g. Premium Sub for £3 voucher can be used with Meal Deal or Free Hot Drink (with points).

I find these Subway offers easier to use than McD's Big Mac & Fries for £1.99.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure