Faster Payments - No longer Instant

Options
2»

Comments

• S_uk
    S_uk Posts: 337 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I did notice a few days ago that my TSB transfer wasn't instant, which it always has been for me previously.
  • eschaton
    eschaton Posts: 2,024 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The only Bank I have found not to be more or less instant was Coop Bank.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I did a transfer last night from my Santander 123 Lite to my TSB Classic Plus. Only £80 and a frequent (at least weekly) transfer route of mine (in order to keep my TSB topped up to £1500). It was noticeably slower than the usual pretty much instant transfer. Well within an hour, estimate about 10 minutes.
  • Flobberchops
    Flobberchops Posts: 1,279 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    It's not such a crazy conspiracy theory. I believe the FPS has changed recently - I noticed that when making a series of transfers some produced the usual "funds should be available to the recipient" message while others were coming up with something along the lines of "your payment will be released soon, no further action is required from you". I didn't know other banks were doing this too. I will have to investigate further before I can say anything concrete!
    : )
  • 8i6daddy
    8i6daddy Posts: 89 Forumite
    Options
    I use Starling Bank and Monzo and if I send an FPS to them from RBS/Barclays/Clydesdale/TSB... 99% of the time my Starling/Monzo apps notify me i've received money before the on screen notification from the sending bank confirms the payment has even been made!!

They are both consistently quick sending/receiving money.
  • datlex
    datlex Posts: 2,239 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I noticed they were slow today. Normally can do in a few minutes. Today took a few hours.
    Paid off the last of my unsecured debts in 2016. Then saved up and bought a property. Current aim is to pay off my mortgage as early as possible. Currently over paying every month. Mortgage due to be paid off in 2036 hoping to get it paid off much earlier. Set up my own bespoke spreadsheet to manage my money.
  • No_6
    No_6 Posts: 835 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Russian's

:(
  • northwalesd
    northwalesd Posts: 1,168 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    I've done several FP this week, all into Halifax but from several sources (Lloyds, Tesco, Natwest), all have been 'instantaneous' (in that the money is in the Halifax account by the time I've logged into the Halifax app some 20 or so seconds later).
  • OceanSound
    OceanSound Posts: 1,482 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Smitty wrote: »
    .. But I can read...
    :rotfl: agreed. Some members here can be full of themselves. I.e. condescending and patronizing. I think you've told where to go.

Re. 'Faster payments'- did have issues with transfer from first direct to halifax, when I did a small payment followed by a large payment. Also, a small payment afterwards took longer than 'usual'. Large payment took longer than 2 hours.

You may be able to challenge the wording of the terms, as the wording 'usually' is really vague. I.e. Legality is questionable here. Banks should really highlight that it may take up to the close of business the next working day, but they harp on about 'usually' taking no longer than 2 hours. Misleading? of course.

One poster mentioned maintenance.this usually happens in the early hours of the morning. Yesterday, when logging on to nationwide internet banking they had a warning about upcoming maintenance work and faster payments being affected. Hats off to nationwide for the warning.

Some poster's mention not running their finances to the wire. It's alright for some isn't it?
  • RG2015
    RG2015 Posts: 5,904 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    OceanSound wrote: »
    Some members here can be full of themselves. I.e. condescending and patronizing. I think you've told where to go.

Re. 'Faster payments'- did have issues with transfer from first direct to halifax, when I did a small payment followed by a large payment. Also, a small payment afterwards took longer than 'usual'. Large payment took longer than 2 hours.

You may be able to challenge the wording of the terms, as the wording 'usually' is really vague. I.e. Legality is questionable here. Banks should really highlight that it may take up to the close of business the next working day, but they harp on about 'usually' taking no longer than 2 hours. Misleading? of course.

One poster mentioned maintenance.this usually happens in the early hours of the morning. Yesterday, when logging on to nationwide internet banking they had a warning about upcoming maintenance work and faster payments being affected. Hats off to nationwide for the warning.

Some poster's mention not running their finances to the wire. It's alright for some isn't it?
    Your second paragraph answered the OP's question.

Some may consider the rest of your post to be unnecessary. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure