Help applying for road tax discount

Options
I've just been granted the standard mobility component for PIP (10 points for moving around) and I'm looking to apply for the 50% road tax reduction.

Im reading what it tells me to send on the website and one of the things is a cheque for 50% of my yearly road tax. Simple enough except that I already pay it monthly. I've looked and looked and can't see an option for if you're already paying by direct debit.

Does anyone have any experience of this or am I gonna have to bite the bullet and attempt to phone the DVLA?

Comments

• Alter_ego
    Alter_ego Posts: 3,842 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Have you paid 50% yet? If not send a cheque for the balance and cancel the dd
    Just my suggestion.
    I am not a cat (But my friend is)
  • Ygritte
    Ygritte Posts: 116 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Alter_ego wrote: »
    Have you paid 50% yet? If not send a cheque for the balance and cancel the dd
    Just my suggestion.

That's a good point, I'm not sure actually. It's just is a continuous £25 a month all year, so I'm not sure when they consider it started from.
    I suspect I'll have to call. Or just apply without a cheque and see what happens.
  • Dandytf
    Dandytf Posts: 4,820 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    V5
    V10 TAX APP
    MOT

EXCEMPTION -DWP STATEMENT

50% rate-send cheque
    dvla swansea SA99 1DZ
    Replenished CRA Reports.2020 Nissan Leaf 128-149 miles top charge. Savings depleted. VM Stream tv M250 Volted to M350 then M500 since returned to 1gb
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure