Starling Transfer Restrictions

Options
2»

Comments

• RandomUser923759
    Options
    I just don't understand why they are going out of their way to push the boundaries but they cannot get the basics correct.
  • meer53
    meer53 Posts: 10,217 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I just went to the hassle of joining.

What hassle ? I did it from my armchair in about 5 minutes. You're very hard to please !
  • RandomUser923759
    Options
    The hassle of moving all my DDS, payroll. Informing my friends, housemates and partners to change their standing orders to me etc etc. This hassle...
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    The hassle of moving all my DDS, payroll. Informing my friends, housemates and partners to change their standing orders to me etc etc. This hassle...
    So it is your main account and you don't even want to keep 99p in it? Why are chasing interest in a 0.5% (0.25%?) account?
  • Chappers27
    Options
    Because this person can do what they want.
    no signature
  • RandomUser923759
    RandomUser923759 Posts: 122 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 16 August 2018 at 5:51PM
    Options
  • Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I just don't understand why they are going out of their way to push the boundaries but they cannot get the basics correct.

Perhaps they take the view that some customers are worth the bother to have,
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Their online chat service is appalling.

Long waits and when you eventually get someone - it 'mysteriously' puts you back in the wait queue if you ask any complex questions :rotfl:

Their free ATM withdrawal USP is clearly a loss leader to get customers and is not sustainable. Their party trick of instant notifications is easy with an on-line debit card too.
  • steve_blake1490667
    Options
    Heng_Leng wrote: »
    Their online chat service is appalling.

Long waits and when you eventually get someone - it 'mysteriously' puts you back in the wait queue if you ask any complex questions :rotfl:

Their free ATM withdrawal USP is clearly a loss leader to get customers and is not sustainable. Their party trick of instant notifications is easy with an on-line debit card too.

If you try to call them in the evening/busy periods, they ask you to call again later on :rotfl:

Indeed, their main perk - free overseas cash wifthdrawals/transactions - won't last long. I remember a similar perk on Nationwide's bog standard Flexaccount 10-15 years ago which didn't last long.

That said, I do intend on keeping my Starling account open as they are one of the very few banks which do not charge for incoming SWIFT GBP payments - irrespective of amount. I think Nationwide is the other.
  • mrchagle
    mrchagle Posts: 586 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Been on a chat with starling this morning (not only am I annoyed they constantly ditch the chats and re queue you)

But I am so annoyed that they restrict transfers to 1.00 minimum.

Why is their choice how much you can transfer.

Latest IOS update, let's you pay under £1.

I tried it yesterday with 0.01 and it works now.
    If I've help in anyway, please remember to thank me :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure