Options
1235»

Comments

• Fire_Fox
    Fire_Fox Posts: 26,026 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Andrea15 wrote: »
    I don't have one, but out of curiosity: I am not sure I understood whether you have one, dispensed with one or you thought of getting one to avoid hanging wet laundry in your flat.

In many modern apartment blocks there is no designated space and/ or no ventilation for a tumble dryer.

AFAIK to comply with fire safety regulations a new tumble dryer would need to be sited appropriately: say in the kitchen or a cupboard/ room that is a miniature 'fire compartment'.

My guess is that has long been the case, based on my flat (~15 yrs old) and my parents' flat (~25 years old) both having the mini fire compartment arrangement (also home to the immersion heater and circuit breakers).

Likely easier to add a tumble dryer to a flat in a house conversion! :p
    Declutterbug-in-progress.⭐️⭐️⭐️ ⭐️⭐️
  • Andrea15
    Andrea15 Posts: 266 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    The things you learn :D
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    moneysaver wrote: »
    If you are still looking at a dehumidifier we have this one. https://www.johnlewis.com/meaco-12l-platinum-dehumidifier/p1105063

It keeps condensation down & is great at drying clothes indoor in the winter.
    It is also cheap to run & very quiet, we would not be without it.

Meaco have a new model out but cannot say how it works. But if it works the same as mine I would buy it.https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07FN8RMHT/ref=sspa_dk_detail_1?psc=1&pd_rd_i=B07FN8RMHT&pd_rd_w=vPlOt&pf_rd_p=8e5be0e3-b258-4b06-8b6e-695b24f935a4&pd_rd_wg=PUWLv&pf_rd_r=0E0987EK057RNTBMMH8T&pd_rd_r=1434730f-119d-11e9-9711-3f27e21491c5

Moneysaver

I bought one !
    An Ebac 18 litre.

Just out of curiosity though, is there a detrimental effect to the internal aspects of the home if these are used daily ….e.g. does it make 1970's internal plaster dry out and crack or split ?

The reading I've done quotes optimal humidity in UK homes as between 40 and 60% but thinking aloud I wonder a) would the dehumidifier take it less than 40 ? and b) if so would any negatives happen internally ?

This Ebac has a 'Smart' feature in that you set it at that and once it's 'learned' your homes features/etc it adjust itself and just activates as and when it's required.
  • ghol
    Options
    Replying to Andrea15: No we bought one (the quietest one that Trotec had to offer, a quiet whirring at about 42db) and as I described, it got rid of the problems. Sorry if that wasn't clear
  • missprice
    missprice Posts: 3,735 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    -taff wrote: »
    Almost unrelated but I was wondering has anyone got triple glazed windows here? And do they have less condensation?

Yes but I went from single glazed to triple, so I would notice the difference. No condensation and rooms stay warmer longer.
    63 mortgage payments to go.

Zero wins 2016 😥
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family