Exit fee cut-off date

Options
2»

Comments

• kev2009
    kev2009 Posts: 1,039 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    @ikr2 interesting thread, how comes you leaving Zog? I thought there plans were still competitive? I've only started a brief look as i'm also with Zog for Gas and my 2 year contract ends in March so just curious as maybe i need to switch too :)

Kev
  • Buttas
    Options
    Hi, can anyone tell me if this applies to Northern Ireland?
    I saw this on ofgem site before I switched, and was within 30 days, but now that I have switched SSE have hit me with £40 fee and saying that rule doesn't apply in NI
  • Neil_Jones
    Neil_Jones Posts: 8,913 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Buttas wrote: »
    Hi, can anyone tell me if this applies to Northern Ireland?
    I saw this on ofgem site before I switched, and was within 30 days, but now that I have switched SSE have hit me with £40 fee and saying that rule doesn't apply in NI

Norhern Ireland is an entirely different kettle of fish to the mainland unfortunately, what with only five or so electricity suppliers and two gas suppliers, the choice of which depends on where you are.

From everything I can see the 49 day switching window thing does not apply to Northern Ireland so if you switch on say Feb 10th you can't switch again until Feb 10th the next year on a one year deal without incurring an exit fee; I am happy to be corrected on this.

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/utilities/northern-ireland-energy/ has a more generic overview of the process.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure