Any positive stories changing from DLA to PIP?

Options

Comments

• Brummie79
    Options
    The Advocacy charity I work for have developed an App to help people prepare for PIP and ESA assesment. I'm unable to post the link due to being a new user, C-App. It's also worth contacting your local Advocacy organisation to see if they offer Advocacy support at the assessment and your local CAB for supprt with filling out the forms.
  • NeilCr
    NeilCr Posts: 4,430 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Sounds good Brummie79.

If you post (or pm me) the name of your advocacy group I'll see if I can post the link for you
  • NeilCr
    NeilCr Posts: 4,430 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    This is the link Brummie79 mentioned

http://www.c-app.org.uk

I have no connection to this site at all. It's good that there are as many helpful resources as possible out there
  • mcculloch29
    mcculloch29 Posts: 4,972 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler
    Options
    NeilCr wrote: »
    This is the link Brummie79 mentioned

http://www.c-app.org.uk

I have no connection to this site at all. It's good that there are as many helpful resources as possible out there

Thank you very much.
    Just to say that I used C-App last night, it is extremely easy to use. It's also given me more hope that I may qualify for more money under PIP than I currently receive with DLA.
    Erma Bombeck, American writer: "If I had my life to live over again... I would have burned the pink candle, sculptured like a rose, that melted in storage." Don't keep things 'for best' - that day never comes. Use them and enjoy them now.
  • rockingbilly
    Options
    Thank you very much.
    Just to say that I used C-App last night, it is extremely easy to use. It's also given me more hope that I may qualify for more money under PIP than I currently receive with DLA.

That's how it came up for me too. But the DWP and the way the PIP claim form was filled out for me saw different - they gave me 0 points!!

But having said that if things had been different and I had managed to get hold of a decent Welfare Rights things may well have turned out differently.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I got the form, filled it in, had a d medical and got standard care (claming for bipolar), i think they based it on evidence from my dla claim. There were some points i didn;t agree with, but didn;t dare challenge it as they can take away the whole award. Though when i'd due for renewal will be seeking expert help to ensure i get the right award.
  • pollyanna_26
    pollyanna_26 Posts: 4,839 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Thank you Brummie79 for the C-App heads up and to NeilCr for the link .
    Could prove useful on another OS thread .
    polly
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.

There but for fortune go you and I.
  • mcculloch29
    mcculloch29 Posts: 4,972 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler
    Options
    I shared the app link on the Ouchtoo forum. This grew out of the ashes of the BBC's Ouch! disability discussion forums, when Aunty pulled the plug on them, some years ago.

http://ouchtoo.org/
    Erma Bombeck, American writer: "If I had my life to live over again... I would have burned the pink candle, sculptured like a rose, that melted in storage." Don't keep things 'for best' - that day never comes. Use them and enjoy them now.
  • rich_shot2003
    rich_shot2003 Posts: 2,150 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I got my letter last week and they gave me 0 points when i suffer from Epilepsy so am going to appeal it however long that takes.
  • john2054
    john2054 Posts: 202 Forumite
    Options
    I had the pip assessment, they made me pay for a bus to a far away city, early in the morning, and then were all smiles, and stabbed me in the back with 3 points only. I have severe chronic and acute schizophrenia, (my doctor's words not mine). And they have stopped my esa too, because my wife was earning too much, even though she has now left me.

It's all gone to the gutter!

PS sorry if you only want positive stories about pip, but what they are doing, or at least what they have done to me, is really terrible. And this story needs to be heard!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure