PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

How to engage with future neighbours

Options
2»

Comments

• Smodlet
    Smodlet Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Tom99 wrote: »
    If I encountered a stranger on my doorstep with a tray of biscuits I would think they are decidedly creepy.

When you put it like that, Tom99... Crumbs! :eek:
  • Lummoxley
    Lummoxley Posts: 209 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Tom99 wrote: »
    If I encountered a stranger on my doorstep with a tray of biscuits I would think they are decidedly creepy.

If they are Ginger Nuts, Jammy Dodgers or Boorbons trying to give you the Chocolate Finger certainly, but they may be Nice so you wouldn't mind Hobnobbing with them? :)
  • m0bov
    m0bov Posts: 2,524 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Make sure you ask if any dogs have been buried in the gardens..
  • Smodlet
    Options
    Lummoxley wrote: »
    If they are Ginger Nuts, Jammy Dodgers or Boorbons trying to give you the Chocolate Finger certainly, but they may be Nice so you wouldn't mind Hobnobbing with them? :)

For maximum creepiness, they would be need to be home made with organic spelt flour and hand-rolled oats grown in your roof garden. :cool:
  • ripplyuk
    ripplyuk Posts: 2,888 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Don’t bring a tray of biscuits. If I saw someone approaching with that, I’d assume you’re selling them and wouldn’t answer the door. It’s also just weird and I’d start worrying you are the type of neighbour who will want to drop in randomly for a chat whenever you feel like it, with cake so it’s awkward to refuse. Which means I’d try to put you off buying there.

Just knock the door and ask.
  • Sammypooler
    Sammypooler Posts: 70 Forumite
    Options
    Put a letter imo
  • G_M
    G_M Posts: 51,977 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Put a letter imo
    what - hidden in oneof the biscuits?

Like a lucky dip?
  • Sea_Shell
    Sea_Shell Posts: 9,379 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Or fortune cookie!!
    How's it going, AKA, Nutwatch? - 12 month spends to date = 2.31% of current retirement "pot" (as at end March 2024)
  • Smodlet
    edited 19 July 2019 at 9:31PM
    Options
    G_M wrote: »
    what - hidden in oneof the biscuits?

Like a lucky dip?

"Put a letter"? Oh, the power of a preposition... Or of all correct grammar, come to that.
  • csgohan4
    csgohan4 Posts: 10,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    no jammy dodgers? I won't open the door

Tea and cakes maybe
    "It is prudent when shopping for something important, not to limit yourself to Pound land/Estate Agents"

G_M/ Bowlhead99 RIP
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport