Change of airport

Options
Hi all,

First off, I'm really grateful to hear that the TC flights on our January Ski trip have been rebooked... however, just found out we have an airport change too.

We are a group of 16 - with 7 Saver (non refundable) rooms booked at Gatwick Travelodge, our flight now leaves from Stansted.

Travelodge have stated we can't change the hotel - only the date at the original hotel, which is as per their T+Cs. Can't argue there -

Is there anything else I can do to try and ease this situation? The rooms are all booked on my credit card - £239 worth. I have travel insurance, so I will call them next. I don't think I can do a section 75 or chargeback, as it's not Travelodges fault - and the rooms are still ours to stay in.

any advice? - I feel awful that our group have all paid for a booking I made which we can't use.

Comments

• michele-p
    Options
    Update - my travel insurance have said they won't cover this. Our ski company Neilson have also said they won't cover the costs, and have been unable to source Gatwick flights.

Usually Stansted would be a real bonus, as we are in Norfolk - but in this case the transport is only £50 cheaper and we'll lose out on the hotel rooms.
  • Ganga
    Ganga Posts: 4,157 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Well as it is less than £15 per head just collect the money from the whole party and enjoy your holiday,no offence but hardly a deal breaking amount.
    ITS NOT EASY TO GET EVERYTHING WRONG ,I HAVE TO WORK HARD TO DO IT!
  • michele-p
    Options
    yes, I think all our group will be Ok about it, as such low amount, others have lost so much. The Travel lodge is such good value at Gatwick, so luckily not a huge loss.

It's all the knock on effects of a company going bust that we don't think of straight away. I've managed to get cheaper transport, so might make up for the shortfall! And a bonus of a nearer airport this side too.
  • silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 46,968 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Travelodge have stated we can't change the hotel - only the date at the original hotel, which is as per their T+Cs.

I would change the date to some time in the future, either your next holiday or when you may enjoy a break someplace near Gatwick.
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure