Car insurance no claims discount

Options
Hi,
I have two separate NCDs with two vehicles. I want to get rid of one vehicle. Can I alternate my two NCDs annually between the one vehicle to keep them active and preserve them both? Purpose being that if I had to make a claim on one, I could then switch to the more fruitful one the following year.
Thanks

Comments

• Carrot007
    Carrot007 Posts: 4,534 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I guess, but you would still have the declare the accident and the price would increase.

And no one knows what discount maximum NCD gets. Maybe it's 2% and just a big con.

For all the faff just protect it for next to nothing if you really care about it. (and it has never made more than a couple of quid difference to me when I've looked at it).
  • Oh yes, I forgot you would still have to disclose any claim, but if its deemed non-fault, it shouldn't increase the premium.
    I'm sure iv'e seen differences of around £100 between 1 year and 9 years NCD
    Thanks
  • TrickyDicky101
    Options
    Oh yes, I forgot you would still have to disclose any claim, but if its deemed non-fault, it shouldn't increase the premium.

Um no. Any incident will very likely increase your premiums as the insurance cos see you as more likely to have another incident in the future.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure