Do you borrow at Xmas?

Options
Poll Title: Do you borrow for Xmas? What's your opinion on lending for spending at Xmas?

a. Yes, but on 0% credit cards and pay it back immediately after Xmas
b. Yes, I don’t have any choice
c. No, I don’t need to

Click reply to discuss or vote here
Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Twitter, Instagram
Join the MSE Forum
Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
Point out a rate/product change
Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com

Comments

• Foxy
    Foxy Posts: 10,840 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I dont work and as divorced single parent i used to find xmas difficult. I have found a sumwhat un conventional way round it. Because i am on income support i can apply for a social fund loan (which is an interest free loan that comes directly out of my benefit) so i have learned to only put in for one each year just before xmas. i buy nearly all my kids xmas in the new year sales for the following year at 50/75 per cent off then store it in the loft.

this way i get double the amount for my money and by the time xmas comes round it has been paid off interest free. osarte on thsa cule oears ago andnw i wouldntdo it any other way :D
    It is not what you give your friend, but what you are willing to give him that determines the quality of friendship. -- Mary Dixon Thayer
  • Str4berr3
    Str4berr3 Posts: 666 Forumite
    Options
    Andrea MSE; I cant seem to click onto the Link.

But i would say the last one; NO. Dont need to.
    The reason for this is because i start my Xmas Shopping around Sept/Oct. But i still think i would like to do this more earlier, I would buy 1 to pressies a week depending on the cost of the pressies, but the main pressies will be near November as you always get the 2 for 3 offers in alot of places.
  • Pat__3
    Pat__3 Posts: 2,880 Forumite
    Options
    Str4berr3 wrote:
    Andrea MSE; I cant seem to click onto the Link.

But i would say the last one; NO. Dont need to.
    The reason for this is because i start my Xmas Shopping around Sept/Oct. But i still think i would like to do this more earlier, I would buy 1 to pressies a week depending on the cost of the pressies, but the main pressies will be near November as you always get the 2 for 3 offers in alot of places.

Str4berr3, If you look at the date on Andrea's link 8/12.2004 it's well out of date.
    It's an old one thats been bumped up.icon10.gif
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport