Credit Report clean up - what next?

Options
I'm trying to clean up my credit report after I discovered I had incorrect information.
For years I've had problems with my credit but I thought they were due to too much total debt and a couple of missed payment (most recent July 2011 and never more than one payment). The missed payments were partially absent mindedness and my own stupid fault when moving jobs.
I have had incorrect data removed from Equifax (Santander didn't close an account, account fees acrued and then they settled the debt. They've agreed I'm right and have removed it)

So what next? Do I have to do the same with Experian and/or anyone else? Also should I be closing catalogue accounts (which I do use occasionally as I can't get a 0% credit card at the moment)? and should I do anything about my settled accounts? I'm a bit of a newbie on these things I'm afraid and I'm now putting effort into becoming debt free within 4 years to try and look to buy a house before I'm 35. I have 4 years left on my late payments but as they're only 1 payment on 3 occasions I don't think these will have a drastic effect.

Current outstanding debt:- £7650
Current total limits:- £10,800

Comments

• rizla_king
    rizla_king Posts: 2,895 Forumite
    Options
    Santander should have removed the incorrect data from any agency they report to. If they haven't then you need to complain again.
    Still rolling rolling rolling...... :) <
    SIGNATURE - Not part of post
  • charlie00134
    Options
    rizla_king wrote: »
    Santander should have removed the incorrect data from any agency they report to. If they haven't then you need to complain again.

I did raise it through the Equifax system but I would hope this would be the case. Is it worth me checking Experian in a month?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure