Claim PPI

Options
Hi
Can any one help me. I took out a loan with Picture about 3 years ago was sold a 12500.00 [URL="about:blank#"]ppi[/URL] policy was told it was for the hold 25 yrs of loan. Then to find out after 1 year that it was only for 5 year. I did go claim some of the money back when I toke this to the ombudsmen but only got about 6000.00 back. Does any one know if I can claim the rest back.

Thanks

Jo

Comments

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    jebutler wrote: »
    Hi
    Can any one help me. I took out a loan with Picture about 3 years ago was sold a 12500.00 ppi policy was told it was for the hold 25 yrs of loan. Then to find out after 1 year that it was only for 5 year. I did go claim some of the money back when I toke this to the ombudsmen but only got about 6000.00 back. Does any one know if I can claim the rest back.

Thanks

Jo

Hi Jo

How long ago did you have this with the FOS? And how long ago did you claim this back?

The reason why I am asking I understand that if it was those of Picture who sold you the PPI, you should try to claim under the Financial compensation scheme, as Picture are currently being investigated before being confirmed they are in default, there are many others who have claims against this company that are with the Financial compensation scheme (FSCS).

However I am not sure where you would stand if a reclaim has already been made and sure if anyone knows anything about this will post up.

But other than that contact the FSCS and register your claim for them, they are sure to look into this for you, of you think you have been short paid on this, good luck.
    http://www.fscs.org.uk/contacts/
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family