Kaz's Get Rid of Debt Diary

Options

Comments

• kaz665
    kaz665 Posts: 121 Forumite
    edited 14 April 2009 at 4:48PM
    Options
    Yukkibear you'll have to let me know how you do on your ebay sales. Don't blame you for sorting out the car situation - I've never owned my own car, it's always been something my OH has chosen so as soon as we're debt free I'm gonna get the Mini I've always dreamed of.

I have a couple of bits of junk here (and I mean junk) so I might just bung them on for the hell of it, as I know sometimes the things that look like they wont sell do the best. Was annoyed will DS yesterday as I took a load of freebies off his Doctor Who mags that had been there over 6 months and was gonna put them on as they would have made great party bag gifts. He decided that actually he really needed a load more pens and junk though and took great delight in the fact that I had spent ages carefully removing them for him :mad: - oh well!!

Just got back from the dreaded supermarket and spent a total of £30.76, which was not bad considering it included £5 of dog food and £10 of meat. That leaves me with £120 to last the month (yulp!)

Whilst I was there I saw a friend who works in another local school (she is primary and I work in secondary and for Social Services). She mentioned that there are 15 hours work at her place and did I want to apply as there have been hardly any applicants. Now in a bit of a dilemma as I already do 2 days a week at the school and 1 day Social Services and taking on 3 more days plus OU, running a youth club, doing up a house, dogs etc might just push me over the edge :eek:.

On the other hand it is only until the summer holidays which is 12 weeks away and maybe we could use half the money towards debt and the other half to do something nice in the hols? I think I've just answered my own question really - I'll apply and see what happens. The cut off is today but I can apply online.

Feel like I've got 101 things going around in my head so I'm off for a nice cold drink, 5 mins chill and then back to housework, tea, study and dog walking!! A woman's work is never done:A. I'll be back later............
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,292 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    I think you were right to apply for what its worth.
    Good thing you know its only for a set time & half on debt & half on holiday sounds just right :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • kaz665
    Options
    Thanks BeanieLou - I know it will be mad doing maybe 6 days a week but if it's only for a short time I'm sure we can muddle through and besides I'll probably be too tired to go out and spend money:D.

An extra couple of hundred to spend on debts is definately not to be sniffed at and besides my other school job always gets reviewed in the summer so it may open new avenues if my hours are cut there. I'm still living in hope that the funding will get organised for my dream job of being a paid youth worker which would basically be doing what I do now as a volunteer plus loads more. Should hear any day now and loads of people in the right places are singing my praises and saying how ideal it would be so you never know!:cheesy:

Ok just got back from an hours walk with the dogs (now soggy doggies as they've been in the pond) so bit of studying before some chill out. Quite a productive day in all and Npower have even cut my direct debit!:T:T:T

Bye for now......:hello:
  • yukkibear
    yukkibear Posts: 5,556 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Good luck for the job.

My ebay sales are going slowly but I am listing a lot of 99p treasure lol and as the listings are free for that amount the competition is fierce so I'm not making much, but not losing out either, just on time.

I would love a Mini one day, a cream one, but I can;t have one until dd2 (22 months) can get in and out of the car herself and do her seatbelt etc so not for a loong time yet, and then I have to be able to afford it lol.

I sorted out my loan today for the car and actually seeing it on my internet banking screen excited and scared me. I want it gone as soon as possible so need to make as much extra to chuck at it that I can.
  • Primula
    Primula Posts: 953 Forumite
    Options
    Hi there
    Just read your diary and wanted to say well done on starting your diary and good luck. I'll be reading with interest.
    P
    x
  • Scottishmummy
    Scottishmummy Posts: 1,176 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Good luck with the application. I did pre summer cover for a few weeks the last two years but hopefully won't need to do it again this year. I work part-time but applied 10 days ago for a full time position which those I've spoken to about it say i'm perfect for the job. Just have to hope those that are going through the applications and doing the interviews think so too.
    The person who moves a mountain begins by carrying small stones.
    Diet loss starting Sept 2019 0/80lbs:eek::o
    Proud to be No. 47 of the DMP mutual support club
    DFW Nerd #380. Proud to be dealing with my debt
  • kaz665
    edited 16 April 2009 at 8:04AM
    Options
    Just a quick post as have a meeting to go to tonight and then running the youth club. Still need to walk the dogs, have a quick tidy up and made tea before 6.15pm!!

Update on the job situation - found the job my friend had mentioned on the council website but was closing yesterday so missed the deadline. I figure that rather than giving up I am gonna get a CV together tomorrow on my day off and drop it in by hand to the school. Even if I am not considered for the 15 hours, they may put me down as bank staff so may get a bit of work that way. Bit fed up as I thought I had my CV somewhere on the computer but it seems to have disappeared into cyberspace :mad::mad::mad::mad: so will have to start completely again.

Jumped on the scales this morning and I have lost 1 lb :T:T:T:T:T:T so a good step in the right direction.

Have spent less than a pound today as needed headache tablets and erasers for work. Also gave DS 50p for some sweets as I was late picking him up from school, due to being at work, as he has to wait around for me to arrive.

Lovely to see some new people on the thread. I'd love to hear all about you so keep posting.

Just had a bowl of cereal to keep me going until tea so that's me off for now. I picked up the new gym timetable today so I'll let you know how I go with that tomorrow. ;)
  • Scottishmummy
    Scottishmummy Posts: 1,176 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    That's a shame about the deadline. Hopefully they'll still look at your CV. I got the good news in the mail this morning that I have an interview next week:j:j:j. Just hope I can do myself justice.

Well done on the weight loss. Still too much chocolate screaming at me from the fridge:rotfl:. I really miss not having a dog anymore as that is definately where i got a lot of my exercise from.
    The person who moves a mountain begins by carrying small stones.
    Diet loss starting Sept 2019 0/80lbs:eek::o
    Proud to be No. 47 of the DMP mutual support club
    DFW Nerd #380. Proud to be dealing with my debt
  • savingholmes
    savingholmes Posts: 27,384 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi SM good luck with your interview

Kaz good luck on your journey
    Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality by mid 2030
    1) MFW Nov 21 £201,999 with 237 payments to go - now £184,341 Equity 26.26%
    2) Spend on handyman & external building works & new patio door £12.3K
    3) CC £4.9K on 0% spends card but offset by £34.1K savings (part EF, part future home improvement)
    4) Mortgage neutral by June 2030 AVC £9.6K/£127.5K AVC target 7.5% value at 15/4
    5) FI Age 60 annual income target £13.7/30K 45.7%
  • shaggydoo
    shaggydoo Posts: 8,406 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Just popping in to wish you goodluck.gif with your DF journey
    What do we do when we fall? We get up, dust ourselves off and start walking in the right direction again. Perhaps when we fall, it is easy to forget there are people along the way who help us stand and walk with us as we get back on track.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure