Comments

• pania
    pania Posts: 8,258 Forumite
    Options
    Woot woot a new diary!!!!!!

Good luck my lovely DFW friend. Will be there with you all the way

Happy New Debt free year!!!!!

xxxxxx
    debt @05/11/11 £12210.63!! slowly chipping away!!
    :heart2:impossible is nothing.:heart2:
  • hypno06
    hypno06 Posts: 32,296 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thank you! It is you lot that keep me on the straight and narrow :D
    Successful women can still have their feet on the ground. They just wear better shoes. (Maud Van de Venne)
    Life begins at the end of your comfort zone (Neale Donald Walsch)
  • doodledo_2
    doodledo_2 Posts: 4,676 Forumite
    Options
    Evening Lady, good to see a new diary :D and obviously I will subscribe :D

2009 I am pretty sure is going to be a fab year for you and your lovely family and hopefully all of us MSEr's :T
    Proud to be dealing with my debts - DFW No: 712

03/09/09 - DEBT FREE AT LAST :D
    Racing Hypno to Save - £10/£5000
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,529 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Happy shiney new diary.
    If anyone can do it then you can.
    Wishing you all the very best.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • benbenandme
    benbenandme Posts: 12,176 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    That is *such* a cool name for a diary missus ;) :T :T
    Mortgage Total: £55,900 / £75,000
    2024 Savings: £2532
  • fedupandskint
    fedupandskint Posts: 10,358 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello Hypno, Happy MSE Anniversary to you! :beer:

Your posts are an inspiration to me, who feels lost to sort my money out.

I am taking small steps at present and I look forward to taking bigger steps next year.

Don't know what they will be at present and I look forward to reading your diary so it can inspire me to do the same!:T
    final unsecured debt to repay currently £8333
    Proud to be Dealing With my Debt
    DFW Nerd 1154 Long Haul 155
  • elantan
    elantan Posts: 21,018 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    you know it's quite strange after reading your diary today i went away thinking i need to do something like that ...then i went to a business meeting and it became much more apparent that i do need to get on top of things so i came home and started a list of "outcomes for 2009" and was thinking i think i will start a new diary i know i just started one but i want a more focussed one then i came on here and lo and behold i see you have one ...well done you ...brilliant idea....my areas for working are similar too ...i now have figured out exactly how much i owe and i think i will start a new diary again myself ...sorry going on a bit there just got excited seeing you start one
  • hypno06
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Get starting that diary, El - you know you want to :D

beanielou - you posted on my very first "newbie" thread on MSE - it is people like you that made me feel welcome! (you're probably regretting it now that you can't get rid of the bloody woman!)

Anyway, here are the first two sections of my plan as they appear so far......

Employment and money earning potential
    • To remain in full time employment throughout the year. To do the best job we can in order to earn the maximum money we can without causing us an unreasonable amount of additional stress.
    • To undertake a reasonable amount of additional work – second jobs, teaching, clients, etc and be able to turn away work that doesn’t suit us for whatever reason.
    • Meet with business partner twice a month to do work on download site, and push marketing through, writing articles and blogs and looking for additional ways of doing so.

Financial
    • To stay within overdraft and credit limits, so that we do not occur charges or fees.
    • To do an “audit” of the accounts every month, just after my payday, to ensure that nothing has “crept in” eg magazine subscriptions from quidco etc. Cancel anything that needs cancelling.
    • Check online banking every day, maintaining the notebook to know exactly what is coming in and going out, together with savings and expected cash due.
    • Prepare realistic budgets to include car expenditure, holidays, and work to be done to the house. Arrange savings pots where appropriate.
    • Shop online for groceries once a week – the same day every week, to keep shopping budget regulated.
    • To aim for NSDs at least twice a week, by being better prepared with packed lunches etc.
    • To reduce outstanding debt by as much as possible, aiming for £30k reduction to take us to just having the secured loan remaining at the end of 2009.
    Successful women can still have their feet on the ground. They just wear better shoes. (Maud Van de Venne)
  • dmv_2
    dmv_2 Posts: 472 Forumite
    Options
    Loving the thread title...Bring on the new year!
  • hypno06
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    dmv wrote: »
    Loving the thread title...Bring on the new year!

And without wanting to wish my life away, "bring on New Year 2010" :D :T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure