Sashybo - Back Again

Options

Comments

• sashybo
    sashybo Posts: 4,503 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Thanks guys, glad to know it's not just my in-laws. :rotfl: My mum already has 6 grandchildren so she's a lot more chilled although I know she's excited because it's DH & I's first child.

Bob & TOPM, I just think my in-laws will be a bit more uptight because they're worrying about being far away from the baby & it not knowing them, plus DH is their only child and they seem to put a lot of pressure & expectation on him because of this (whether they mean to or not).

I think they find me prickly because I disagree with them over things or don't hide my annoyance when they interfere. :o They put on these faces sometimes like "Oh she's so difficult but we're trying our best" which annoys me even more!

I know they're generally trying to help so have been trying the nod-and-agree-then-do-what-I-want-anyway tactic more recently. :rotfl: I think that may be more difficult when it comes to the baby though. :cool:

You're right paws, it was good of them to send us money to get things for the baby, they didn't need to do that and it will be a big help.:T

Went to see my mum after work today and she had my youngest niece there (6 months). So had fun playing with the baby & making her laugh, she's quite a laid back little chunky monkey. :rotfl: Had dinner there then came home and ironed the work shirts. DH on late shift so I'll be heading to bed soon.

Meeting a couple of friends after work tomorrow afternoon for coffee, one is my friend who's also pregnant - her due date is Monday! :eek: She's fed up waiting for the baby to arrive already. :eek:
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. Car loan 1 £14,073, Car loan 2 £16,000, 0% CC1 £195. Debt Free Diary to try & keep spending in check.
  • sashybo
    Options
    Just on my break at work, looks like coffee after work is postponed as one of my friends isn't feeling great.

Forgot to mention yesterday that I bought a few things in the £ shop on my break. Got 2 plastic car boot liners to try & keep the boots of both cars cleaner & tidier, at least they're only £1 each if they're rubbish. Also bought a couple of board books for the baby - I know this is one area that I'll have to control the spending as I love books and really want to get the baby into them. :o

Also one of my tomato seeds has germinated - a green shoot has appeared.:j Also some very small shoots appearing for the lobelia. :D
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. Car loan 1 £14,073, Car loan 2 £16,000, 0% CC1 £195. Debt Free Diary to try & keep spending in check.
  • sashybo
    Options
    Was too tired to update again last night - really felt terrible so had an early night. Feeling a bit better today but glad I only have 3 more early shifts to go!

Housework has mostly been abandoned as feeling so tired. Might try a bit of ironing tonight to make a dent in the giant pile but will see how I feel.

Went to Ald! with DH after work today & got a fair amount of food which should last us a good while (fingers crossed). Bought some pears as seem to have taken a liking to them (or the baby has!) I've always hated pears so a bit weird to suddenly like them.:eek::rotfl:
  • sashybo
    Options
    Actually managed to do all of my ironing last night before bed. :j

Today I got home from work to discover that Y0del had decided to ditch the 2 isofix bases we bought for the baby's car seat literally on my front door step. :eek: Literally in front of my door. Where anyone driving past could see them (and the boxes were also helpfully labelled & branded so you see what was inside them). :eek: The isofix bases that cost rather a lot of money. :mad:

I couldn't move them as they were too heavy & had to kick them to the side a bit so I could get in my front door. :mad: Luckily the girl across the street arrived home just after me and came over and offered to move them for me, which was very kind of her. :T So needless to say DH & I will be complaining. :mad:

When I finally got in the door, I managed 15 mins on the cross trainer and then cleaned the bathrooms. Going to chill out now until DH gets home.

Payday on Friday, so will be able to pay a bit extra off the debt (hopefully). :j Up to £10.35 on 0nepoll too. :T Still trying to do a few surveys a day across various sites.

I must confess I was bad and have ordered myself a dress and a tunic top from Seasalt in their sale. Their stuff is lovely quality and I love it but so pricey. :o Even the sale prices are a bit steep. :whistle: I'm hoping there might be a bit of stretch so I can wear them whilst pregnant but they might not fit at this point and will have to be saved for after the baby.:o
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hi Sashybo

How rubbish about them leaving your expensive items there!!! These delivery people don't care half the time.

I was wondering the other day whether you'd sorted out your job situation with the shift pattern stuff you were talking about?

Bob
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • boxofpaws
    boxofpaws Posts: 753 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hello Sashybo,

I too rediscovered pears about a year ago. They're the best!

Well done on doing the ironing, hope the board didn't attack you!

You need clothes when your body is changing shape :)

Paws
    Debt Jan 2017 = £42k
    May 2022 = £15k
  • sashybo
    Options
    Bob, I can't get anything sorted until I'm on mat leave & then have to apply for a job share (which the company can refuse if they deem it not suitable for business needs). If I apply beforehand they can then give me less maternity pay as I won't be classed as full time. :eek: Even though I've worked for them for nearly 7 years full time! :mad:

So basically a right pain in the a** all this job share stuff. They make it as difficult as possible whilst claiming to be "family friendly". :cool:

:rotfl: Paws I tamed my ironing board years ago, no attacks here. :rotfl:

I've always hated pears, ever since I can remember so very weird - think the baby likes them. :D

Been a busy-ish day, went to the chiropractor after work & she has changed my appointments from 4 weekly to 3 weekly as said my pelvis was " not good at all" today and will be a case of maintenance rather than fixing it until after the baby arrives.:(

My friend had her baby yesterday, a boy at 9lb 2 so quite big! She had the baby 1 day after her due date so quite good going. :) I just know I'll be early or late. Hoping to finish work about a week before my due date but just depends how tired I am and how everything is going.

I'm just chilling out for a while, might have a bath & then head to bed early as very tired again today. Got blood test results from the midwife & they're not happy with my iron levels so need to see the doctor for a prescription of iron tablets. :( Last time I had them they made me feel sick as irritated my stomach, hopefully will be OK with them but can't get an appointment until next week anyway.
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Gosh that is a huge pain. Not at all easy to plan!

I hope you won't go to far over, it gets very irritating after a while. What's your due date? Or roughly if you don't want to say.
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • sashybo
    Options
    Yes it's a total pain Bob. :( Oh well.

Due date is 19th May, still another 8/9 weeks at work - fingers crossed I don't go over or as you say not too long. My friends & I are all very impressed with our friend only going 1 day over with her first baby. :rotfl:

Forgot to say that my sister was up with her 3 youngest for a flying visit earlier today. The kids were running about mad & wanted to see in every room, I quote "It's like a mansion!" :rotfl: I have a 4 bed house & they live in a 4 bed flat. :rotfl:

Then the 8yo twins were looking for my big middle cat (he hides from them as doesn't like the noise) & found him under my bed "Oh thank goodness he's there, I thought you might have sold him!" :eek::rotfl: I said that's like saying I'd sell one of my children and they looked very serious before asking if I really felt like the cat was my child. :rotfl: I said well I look after him so yes except he's furry and can't talk back to me. :rotfl:
  • boxofpaws
    boxofpaws Posts: 753 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    sashybo wrote: »

Then the 8yo twins were looking for my big middle cat (he hides from them as doesn't like the noise) & found him under my bed "Oh thank goodness he's there, I thought you might have sold him!"

:rotfl:

They sound hilarious!
    Debt Jan 2017 = £42k
    May 2022 = £15k
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills