IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

LBC - Gladstones/UKPS

Options
2»

Comments

• Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    rachity wrote: »
    Apologies over the misstated AOS membership (IPC, not BPA).......

Why not edit and correct your incorrect (though authoritative!) post or delete it?

Any mistaken advice posted authoritatively is dangerous
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,730 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I am concerned about some of the *advice* given, too.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • rachity
    rachity Posts: 103 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Quentin wrote: »
    Why not edit and correct your incorrect (though authoritative!) post or delete it?

Any mistaken advice posted authoritatively is dangerous

Cheers, Quentin.

Done
    CAVEAT LECTOR
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »

Antennas twitching
  • rachity
    rachity Posts: 103 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »

Anything (or one) in particular?
    CAVEAT LECTOR
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,312 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Loda wrote: »
    Le_Kirk - yes to the 30 day period to pay, no to the form to pay. In terms of the POC part (which I had to look up and I'm still not confident I really know what that is (POC = Particulars of Claim (the short paragraph on the left middle of a claim form, with very sparse facts)). There isn't really anything about the case just an opportunity to state if we think we shouldn't be charged. It does say they have been instructed to take legal action against us and any replies out of the 30 day period may not be consider due to legal proceedings being commenced. It is clearly titled LETTER BEFORE CLAIM in caps at the top but I'm none the wiser now to be totally honest...
    The 30 days is supposed to be the time to reply (but I guess time to pay will do it even though you are not going to pay!). However, it seems like a genuine LBC, so the SAR is the route to go, then reading up on "what happens when", how to do the AoS when/if you receive court papers and then how to construct a defence.
  • Loda
    Loda Posts: 5 Forumite
    edited 15 April 2019 at 7:37PM
    Options
    Le_Kirk wrote: »
    The 30 days is supposed to be the time to reply (but I guess time to pay will do it even though you are not going to pay!). However, it seems like a genuine LBC, so the SAR is the route to go, then reading up on "what happens when", how to do the AoS when/if you receive court papers and then how to construct a defence.

Ok good I'm on track, letters posted. Thanks for the time-line that helps me organise this in my mind.

Will keep everybody posted.
  • Loda
    Loda Posts: 5 Forumite
    edited 3 May 2019 at 10:51PM
    Options
    Bit of an update:

* [STRIKE]Gladstones rejected the request for restriction of processing of data which I believe is to be expected. They have extended the Pre Action Protocol by 30 days and advised if we are not happy to complain to a supervisory authority - not really sure what any of this means to be honest. [/STRIKE] Sorry just read I shouldn't talk about this in the newbie thread again.

* We've received the subject access request from UKPS although we've not received the PDT machine record. Should I pursue this?

FYI. I've printed out the relevant page of the IPC Code of Practice and I've also written a letter to my MP.

Should I be doing anything else at the moment? Thanks
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,730 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    We've received the subject access request from UKPS although we've not received the PDT machine record. Should I pursue this?
    Definitely. You are entitled to see your car VRN and payment matching it (or a near miss VRN that is clearly yours and no other car). They can of course partially redact other identifying VRNs from the list, but they MUST show your data relating to the PDT machine.

Search the forum for Excel v AMBLER and read lamilad's account of why it's vital to get the VRN machine/payments list at this stage...and not just wait to see the version they cough up later on!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure