TSB 3 weeks on

Options
I am now getting desperate! My father in law had his ISA, savings and current accounts all stolen on 1st May, he went straight in to his local branch of TSB to report the fraud on his account. He was told not to worry and that the money would be back in his account within 48 hours.
He was then taken to an empty office and was instructed to call the ‘fraud team’ to give details of the issues, he did this which took around 2 hours. The next day he went back in to the bank and was told it may take a little longer to get his money back, due to the large number of cases that had come to light since the ‘system update’.
A week later he went back to the bank and the branch manager told him there was nothing he could do and he would need to talk to the fraud team again, he was again taken to an office to call them. He stayed on hold for over four hours and then the line went dead, the branch apologised but again insisted there was nothing they could do.
He is now borrowing money from family and friends to pay bills and feed him and his wife (they are 82 and 76). It has now been 23 days since his savings were stolen, he has no means of income and yet TSB have not sorted this problem out.
I am now concerned for his both physical and mental health. He is clearly and understandably stressed by the situation and isn’t sleeping he is also considering selling his prize possessions to get by without relying on family. This is not something he should have to go through. How long can the bank go without a decision being made. He has all but given up on getting his money back. Surely they can’t just hold people’s lives in limbo because of their failings as a bank?

I really need some advice as to how to get this sorted as quickly as possible!

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport