IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Wrong name on PCN & wrong POPLA code from MET

Options
Hello, here is my story:

1- I received my MET Parking Charge Notice (19/12/17) for being over 60 minutes at the Stansted Starbucks Car Park.
2- I did my initial appeal against MET, which was obviously rejected but I received my POPLA code.
3- I did my POPLA Appeal last week using my POPLA code provided by MET.
4- The same day, POPLA withdrawn my appeal stating that my POPLA code provided by MET was wrong. (apperently the code was refering to a different parking operator)They communicated this to MET the same day.
5- I have now received a new POPLA code from MET, well over the 28 days but the new letter gives me other 28 days to proceed.

Questions:
- Despite MET is providing “new” 28 days due to their mistake providing initial appeal code, Is it ok to be well over the 28 days after the initial MET appeal rejection? Can I use their mistake on my favour?
- I have 2 names + surname and, I do realize now that MET always put only my 2 names and NEVER my surname on initial PCN and other letters. (I think they believe that my second name is my surname).
Can I add something about my wrong name on the appeal?
PS: I am appealing as the registered keeper and not as the driver.

Many thanks for your help.

Comments

• The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    Yes and yes.

Are you aware that Parliament have set in motion steps to shut down these parking company scams? Please watch this video

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

and complain robustly to your MP. People should not be told by PPCs how long they may spend in coffee bars.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Johno100
    Johno100 Posts: 5,259 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Bilbo76 wrote: »

Questions:
    - Despite MET is providing !!!8220;new!!!8221; 28 days due to their mistake providing initial appeal code, Is it ok to be well over the 28 days after the initial MET appeal rejection? Can I use their mistake on my favour?

Yes you can use the corrected code. Not sure how you think you can use it in your favour. You've got your chance at POPLA make the most of it with a strong appeal.
    Bilbo76 wrote: »
    - I have 2 names + surname and, I do realize now that MET always put only my 2 names and NEVER my surname on initial PCN and other letters. (I think they believe that my second name is my surname).
    Can I add something about my wrong name on the appeal?
    PS: I am appealing as the registered keeper and not as the driver.

And how does your name appear on the V5c (AKA the Log Book) for the vehicle?

Loopholes rarely work with private parking companies, they aren't governed by the same lengthy rule book that applies to councils and will likely ignore any pointed out to them as irrelevant.
  • Bilbo76
    Options
    Johno100 wrote: »
    And how does your name appear on the V5c (AKA the Log Book) for the vehicle?

My V5c is Complete with 2 names + surname.
    No trace of my surname on initial MET PCN , rejection letter and second POPLA code letter.
  • Bilbo76
    Options
    The_Deep wrote: »
    Yes and yes.

Are you aware that Parliament have set in motion steps to shut down these parking company scams? Please watch this video

and complain robustly to your MP. People should not be told by PPCs how long they may spend in coffee bars.

Thanks "The Deep"!
    I have no audio right now for the video so will listen later.
    Could you please help me with some wording for both cases? Or provide with any link or info in order to write the appeal correctly please?

Many thanks
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    edited 12 February 2018 at 2:12PM
    Options
    Read some of these

https://www.google.co.uk/search?sourceid=navclient&hl=en-GB&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4GUEA_en-GBGB707GB707&q=parking+ticket+mcdonalds&gws_rd=ssl

and also the last dozen or so pages of the sticky at the top of this page. Against a well written sppeal they have little chance imo.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,775 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    You can mention the wrong POPLA code at the start of the appeal, but it won't win on that 'error'.

You just need to search the forum & read other MET POPLA cases and adapt one.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure