Options

Comments

• Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,836 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    durali wrote: »
    What is the "time barring"?

Time bars exist in law to prevent cases being started potentially at any time in the future. Finance has 2 rules

1) 6 years from taking out the product
    2) 3 years from knowing (or when you could reasonably have known) that you had a reason to complain

The 3 year rule can be applied from various triggers such as closing an account, the bank writing to you inviting a complaint etc. As such it is likely they will time bar this complaint but you'll only find out if you ask - I'd just expect nothing and you won't be disappointed.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Nasqueron wrote: »
    it is likely they will time bar this complaint but you'll only find out if you ask
    The time limits are pretty clearly stated even on the archived MSE article.
    Asking will just confirm this.
    Regardless, the OP has already "asked" and so can expect her rejection in the near future.
  • durali
    durali Posts: 71 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    What is "OP" Moneyineptitude?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    durali wrote: »
    What is "OP" Moneyineptitude?
    You are the Originating Poster (OP) of the thread, durali
  • Nasqueron
    Options
    brown1950 wrote: »

Holy Moly you're back with that nonsense! And after I showed it was wrong last time. The third to last post from Site Team "slick132" says
    Hi Mum,

From experience here, I assume you have reached an acceptable settlement with BC but you're tied by confidentiality so can't confirm the existence or terms of a settlement agreement.

Unless you say anything to the contrary, I'll change your thread title to reflect your "probable" win with compound interest.
    So
    • NO evidence of a payout
    • Customer (probably) signed a confidentiality agreement which the website hasn't seen so has no idea what is in it
    • NO proof of a "win" yet assumed to be
    Utter fail.
  • Bermonia
    Options
    brown1950 - you make more spurious claims than most CMCs.

Whilst on that note, if it WERE possible then every dodgy CMC out there would currently be pestering us to reclaim our charges - they aren’t because you can’t!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Odd that the poster named at the outset actually appeared.

Does that mean the poster did a Forum search of his own user name?

Infamy indeed! :D
  • Nasqueron
    Options
    Odd that the poster named at the outset actually appeared.

Does that mean the poster did a Forum search of his own user name?

Infamy indeed! :D

I suspect he searches every so often for "credit card charges" or whatever so he can direct them to the CAG site or encourage people to sue their bank for old charges.

All a bit silly really as the 2009 case set the precedent on historic charges and credit card ones were done in 2006 after the OFT case so really it's not going to be possible to challenge any credit card charges unless they were over £12. That there have been no court cases or class actions since then and the lack of CMC involvement really highlights it's a dead horse
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure