Tesco Credit Card Blocked

Has anyone else had their Tesco credit card blocked as a 'precautionary measure'? I received a text from them a couple of days ago and called them to make sure it was genuine and it turns out that some of their customers may have had their details compromised by a third party. I looked online and it seems as though it's happened a few times before with Tesco.

It's a pain, it's the second card I've had blocked inside a week after my Nationwide Select card was cloned! It's better than fraud but I'm keeping my fingers crossed there's not a third!

Comments

• This isn't the first time this has happened with Tesco - search the forums here

Thank goodness I got rid of mine
  • Skippy13
    Skippy13 Posts: 206 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    I'm only keeping it for the Clubcard points as I turn them into Virgin airmiles! Mind you, I don't even shop there any more and I've got the Virgin Atlantic card so I might get rid!
  • T-G-C
    T-G-C Posts: 591 Forumite
    First Post
    I recently had a provisional acceptance offer for the Tesco Foundation card. After hearing some stories about them, I have decided against it now.

It can be frustrating, however it is better than fraud, as put by yours truly.
    Advice provided from this account does not consist of any professional knowledge. For professional debt advice, please contact either National Debtline or StepChange. Advice may consist of personal experience, opinion and/or informational sources.
  • virgo17
    virgo17 Posts: 955 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Same issues. Dumped the Tesco CC a while ago.
  • eco_warrior
    eco_warrior Posts: 563 Forumite
    Yes its Tesco's fault your card details were compromised on a website you chose to use, such as Ticketmaster.

All card providers will be affected by such things.
  • Skippy13
    Skippy13 Posts: 206 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 14 July 2018 at 12:53PM
    What an unhelpful reply! Where did I say I was blaming Tesco? If you bothered reading my post you'd see I was asking if it had happened to anyone else and I've now realised it seems to happen frequently with Tesco and they never reveal which 'third party' causes the problem. Yes, I chose to use Ticketmaster - how was I to know there would be an issue?

I know all card providers can be affected, my Nationwide Select card was cancelled last week as it had been cloned. No doubt that was my fault as well for choosing to go on holiday!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure