Waited nearly 3 hours to get through to halifax.

Options
paye
paye Posts: 448 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
Is it just me or has anyone else recently experienced long wait times getting through to Halifax on the phone. Yesterday I waited approximately 45 minutes on the phone after giving up.

I tried for a second time in the evening and ended up waiting 1 hour and 20 mins after giving up for a second time.

This evening I tried again and finally got through to someone after 45 minutes only to be transferred to another department and waited a further 40 mins before giving up again. This is unacceptable especially from a bank and wasted so much of my time :mad:

All I wanted to do was trade in my existing HALIFAX credit card which I haven't used in a while to a Halifax clarity card for my holiday.

Are there any other banks which offer a similar card?
Save Save Save:o

SPC 593 paye:o

Comments

• forestwn6
    forestwn6 Posts: 77 Forumite
    Options
    Apply for one online.
  • paye
    paye Posts: 448 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    forestwn6 wrote: »
    Apply for one online.

That's what I ended up doing, but I wanted to cancel my existing card aswel with them.
    Save Save Save:o

SPC 593 paye:o
  • eDicky
    eDicky Posts: 6,584 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    paye wrote: »
    Are there any other banks which offer a similar card?
    Tandem Bank, Starling Bank (debit).
    Evolution, not revolution
  • pmartin86
    pmartin86 Posts: 756 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Not so great for the travel card, but if you ever want a bank that answers the phone I cant reate first direct highly enough, ive called them 5 or 6 times in the few years I've been with them and they have answered within seconds each time, actual human being too.
  • Samsung_Note2
    Options
    I asked this question the other day...the chap i spoke to in Complaints was very honest and said its due to the amount of staff on summer holidays.

He even said "i know its not what you want to hear but its the truth"...fair play for the honesty.
  • Vortigern
    Vortigern Posts: 3,245 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I asked this question the other day...the chap i spoke to in Complaints was very honest and said its due to the amount of staff on summer holidays.

He even said "i know its not what you want to hear but its the truth"...fair play for the honesty.
    I'm not so sure about the honesty. I've always had to wait ages to for them to answer.

I've written a note in my Halifax file: "Always call the branch, NEVER the call centre"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure