Incorrect Claim - Help needed

Options
123457»

Comments

• dippy3103
    dippy3103 Posts: 1,959 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    So, which benefits was she claiming?
  • Newbie1982
    Newbie1982 Posts: 14 Forumite
    Options
    To draw a line under all this I made a call yesterday and put in an anonymous report. I have recently changed jobs and have relocated out of the area but if the system is as stringent as people say they will join the dots and make a case
  • moneycantbuyyoulove
    Options
    Hope you haven't moved too far. A stressed, poverty stricken mother is going to have an effect on YOUR children. Keep your hand in there - they are YOUR responsibility too - especially as you seem to have added to the family strain.
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,964 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Hope you haven't moved too far. A stressed, poverty stricken mother is going to have an effect on YOUR children. Keep your hand in there - they are YOUR responsibility too - especially as you seem to have added to the family strain.
    I'm not sure why you've chosen to bring this up now. You're wrong anyway because they are not his children, if you'd taken the time and read the whole thread then you would have known that.
  • moneycantbuyyoulove
    Options
    Is there a deadline for reading and replying to discussions? If you could please let me know your rules I will endeavour to follow them and make sure all my replies have your approval first. Thank you
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,964 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Is there a deadline for reading and replying to discussions? If you could please let me know your rules I will endeavour to follow them and make sure all my replies have your approval first. Thank you
    Obviously there isn't but since your reply was totally incorrect any, i decided to reply.
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,689 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options

Maybe this 'stressed, poverty stricken mother' might not be so stressed and poverty stricken if she had actually been honest about her situation and not committed benefit fraud.
  • HighamKneeDee
    HighamKneeDee Posts: 747 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 29 July 2018 at 6:49AM
    Options
    wrote: »

Adore this argument (sorry to pick on your post). That is fine then, just let them on with it. Even another poster on this forum, that has for years chosen to use this standpoint, has increased their quoted rate from 0.7% to 0.9%. Additionally, aren't these figures either based on a guess or known cases? Therefore could be higher but yet to be caught. It's okay, it's only public money.
  • FBaby
    FBaby Posts: 18,367 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    The 1% is a complete joke. It is based on an an annual review for HB, JSA, UC and PC, ie. those that have been caught claiming fraudulently, certainly not all those who haven't.

It also includes reviews that goes back many years ago, including CA going back to the 90s!!This unreviewed expenditure amounts to £16.5 billions and again, this is all caes where fraud has been confirmed.

Even if 1996, 3.9% of CA was claimed fraudulently. Considering the significant rise in claims, you can easily estimate that this has also gone up significantly.

Just to be clear, the report states
    The figures presented in this report are estimates of fraud, claimant error and official error.
    Fraud !!!8211; cases where the following three conditions apply:
    !!!61623; The basic conditions for receipt of benefit, or the rate of benefit in payment, are not being met
    !!!61623; The claimant can reasonably be expected to be aware of the effect on entitlement
    !!!61623; Benefit stops or reduces as a result of the review.
  • CotswoldBob
    Options
    Newbie1982 wrote: »
    Now the dust has settled a bit I can explain further.... I am not the lady claiming, my name is Mark, I am the partner. My apologies, I wanted a no holds barred opinion of what has occurred so i thought the best way to understand it all was to put the post up from my partners perspective. Thank you all for the feedback, I now now that I made the right decision to walk away.

Does anyone actually believe this post? I certainly don't.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure