PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Landlord help

Hi

Can someone advise please on landlord visits please.

A few weeks back we had the landlord visit for an inspection which was fine she was happy.

Now we had a phone e call off the letting agents as she wants to come e around and look in our shed, look at the old coal bunker as it has rubble in it ( bearing in mind this was in there before we moved in) and to look at the cooker as it is hers asain though this cooker is circa 10 years old at least .

Now the cooker she would of seen when she come a few weeks back so I don't get that can the landlord keep coming round like this as I thought it seems excessive to come and look at little things when she has just been and said she was happy
CashBack earned to date - £1244-58

Comments

• KL0001
    KL0001 Posts: 92 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Do you have periodic checks in your tennancy agreement? Could you just ask that she checks these things on her next visit as you do not think these are urgent enough to warrant a visit on their own.

Although with regards to the cooker, could this be a gas safety check? Done by a gas safe engineer as these would need to be done annually.
  • mightyroyals
    mightyroyals Posts: 623 Forumite
    Hi

Thanks for the reply, the inspections are on an annual basis and the cooker is electric so no gas check.

I told the letting agent we are not in Monday as they called at 5pm yesterday but I think she will still just turn up
  • KL0001
    KL0001 Posts: 92 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Have you changed the locks? Whilst it is her house, it is your home and you are allowed to change the locks, intact it is recommended on a rental property as you really have no idea who might have a key (previous tenants, contractors etc). I would do this so that she can!!!8217;t get in if your not around.

What does she actually want to check? Is there a valid reason for her visit, as for the info you!!!8217;ve given there doesn!!!8217;t seem to be.
  • mightyroyals
    mightyroyals Posts: 623 Forumite
    It is just those three things for whatever reason i do not know like I said the inspection was only a few weeks ago and she had no concerns
  • G_M
    G_M Posts: 51,977 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Could she be considering

* clearing the rubble from the coal bunker (great!)
    * replacing the old cooker (great!)
    * checking the condition of the shed eg to see if the roof -felt needs replacing (great!)

Why not phone and ask

??
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family