ESA sick note 2 day gap

Options
Hi my sick note ran out on the 6th, i just got a new sick note today the 9th as i was unable to get an appointment any sooner at my practice, i forgot to ask to get it back dated! There is a 2 day gap between my last note will this be an issue with ESA?

Comments

• TELLIT01
    TELLIT01 Posts: 16,489 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    The answer isn't straightforward. When I worked on ESA we would extend the certificate date to the next paydate if it was less than 10 days ahead. That was done to avoid problems with med certs being held up in the post.

If your certificate has a 2 day gap immediately after the pay date it may result in reduced payment.
  • mandyboops1973
    Options
    TELLIT01 wrote: »
    The answer isn't straightforward. When I worked on ESA we would extend the certificate date to the next paydate if it was less than 10 days ahead. That was done to avoid problems with med certs being held up in the post.

If your certificate has a 2 day gap immediately after the pay date it may result in reduced payment.

Hi thanks for the reply.

By reduced payment i assume that would be for the 2 missing days? That's not a big deal if that's the case, i was more worried about them stopping my claim or something.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure