IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Eye Appeal Rejected - Charged £100 for 16 minutes.

Options

Comments

• AndreasA
    AndreasA Posts: 56 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I was provided with a POPLA reference number yes.
    How long can this in theory drag out if I put this forward to POPLA ?
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,246 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    AndreasA wrote: »
    I was provided with a POPLA reference number yes.
    How long can this in theory drag out if I put this forward to POPLA ?

Six years in England and Wales. That's how long the PPC has to start court. Your best bet is to make a PoPLA appeal using the template appeal points in post 3 of the NEWBIES thread. Use all the ones that are applicable and post your draft here before you submit it.

Don't miss the PoPLA appeal deadline.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Fruitcake
    edited 14 March 2017 at 5:18PM
    Options
    I have unfortunately raised the same points I did here, so I will be identified as the driver by now I imagine.. What does this mean for my case?
    I also raised these points in my appeal (with the driver being identified..):

- Signs on entry weren't clear (from the point the the driver came from).
    - The charge for 1 hour was £3, and this felt incomparable to the £100 the driver was charged.
    - The vehicle wasn't parked. Although I guess this is up to interpretation if the driver is in the car the entire time, engine on, that to me doesn't sound like parking?)
    - The driver receives a phone call and cannot pull over, so pulls into the parking area to take said phone call.

Inadequate signage might win. Other appeal points are available.
    Admitting that you were the driver means you cannot use the protection of the Protection of Freedom Act 2012.

You WERE parked. I don't know why you think you weren't. It matters not whether the car was occupied or not, whether the engine was running or not. The vehicle was square wheeled for a significant period of time, not driving round looking for a space, therefore it was parked.

You said in your first post that you initiated the 'phone call, not received one. You need to be consistent and truthful if you want to beat this.
  • AndreasA
    Options
    Thank you for all your replies so far.
    I'm debating whether or not to fight this. I've been offered an additional 14 days after they declined my appeal, to pay the reduced amount. It sounds like I was in the wrong after all, and I have no one to blame but myself.. Lesson learned for future.
  • Fruitcake
    Options
    Thank you for all your replies so far.
    I'm debating whether or not to fight this. I've been offered an additional 14 days after they declined my appeal, to pay the reduced amount. It sounds like I was in the wrong after all, and I have no one to blame but myself.. Lesson learned for future.

Nobody here will suggest you should pay.

Pics of the signage would help us to determine if the "inadequate signage" point has legs. Most parking lie signs have one flaw or another. It only takes one to be a winning point.
    Plus, other points are available. Have you looked at them yet?
  • AndreasA
    Options
    Here are the pictures:
    imgur.com/a/jk1Kc

Also, you mention 'other points'? Which do you mean?
  • Fruitcake
    edited 14 March 2017 at 5:45PM
    Options
    Here are the pictures:
    imgur.com/a/jk1Kc

Also, you mention 'other points'? Which do you mean?

http://imgur.com/a/jk1Kc

It doesn't tell you what the ANPR data will be used for. That is a BPA CoP breach.

It also tells you that you can pay by 'phone, but you said in your original post that payment is cash only. Again you are not being consistent. If I can pick holes in your comments, so will a PoPLA assessor.

I refer you back to my comments in post 2 of this thread where I told you to look for template appeal points.
  • AndreasA
    Options
    Fruitcake wrote: »
    It doesn't tell you what the ANPR data will be used for. That is a BPA CoP breach.

It also tells you that you can pay by 'phone, but you said in your original post that payment is cash only. Again you are not being consistent. If I can pick holes in your comments, so will a PoPLA assessor.

I refer you back to my comments in post 2 of this thread where I told you to look for template appeal points.

I actually only just noticed that now myself. I've paid by phone at other locations before, but there is usually a sticker on the side of the actual payment machine, I don't recall this being the case, so I must have dismissed it as not being an option. I'm not a clever man..
  • AndreasA
    Options
    Fruitcake wrote: »

Could this alone win me this case?
  • Fruitcake
    Options
    Could this alone win me this case?

I don't know, but it is a very brave person who tries a single point appeal, and then only when that single point is a very strong one.

You MUST read the NEWBIES thread and use ALL the ammunition available. Inadequate signage, lack of grace periods, not the landowner, no standing to bring charges in their own name are some of the points you should be including.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business