NatWest £125 switch incentive

Options

Comments

• Consumerist
    Consumerist Posts: 6,310 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    . . . with the Santander account you have access to the 5% regular saver which for me tips the balance. At least it doesn't make the switch worthwhile from a main account.
    When I switched from Santander123 (when the interest rate reduced), I had a regular saver so I just opened a standard current account to service the regular saver after the switch.
    >:)Warning: In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    When I switched from Santander123 (when the interest rate reduced), I had a regular saver so I just opened a standard current account to service the regular saver after the switch.

Yes but then you don't get the money back from the Direct Debits.

Its a thought though, will look into it. Thanks.
  • wizzywig27
    wizzywig27 Posts: 1,536 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Sorry I have another question. Can you open now and switch later as long as it’s before the deadline?

Thanks
  • [Deleted User]
    Options

Checked, you only get 3% via the regular saver with a standard current account, 5% with the Santander lite.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Mannanan wrote: »
    With these switching offers, my limited experience tells me to strike quickly on all counts. Don’t delay the switch date if possible, fill everything in online all in one hit and avoid going into branches. We can guess this offer will be pulled or altered pretty quickly so don’t go moaning later. Take the money and run to the next offer.

I've taken your advice, applied and been accepted. It wasn't the account I wanted to use for the switch but hey, who knows, another month, another offer. :D
  • Consumerist
    Options
    Checked, you only get 3% via the regular saver with a standard current account, 5% with the Santander lite.
    From the regular eSaver Ts&Cs:
    To be eligible for the higher interest rate you must be a 1I2I3 World or a Santander Select customer at point of opening
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    So you no longer have a regular saver then?
  • harz99
    harz99 Posts: 3,642 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    Get the account opened now would be my advice. You'll be able to pick a date up to 10/2 for the switch during the application. Alternatively, wait and switch in late February or early March.

Thanks YB, just done, accepted and chose the postal option to slow matters down a little with switch date of 9th Feb, that should sort it out.
  • Consumerist
    Options
    So you no longer have a regular saver then?
    Well, I don't at the moment but I did when I switched the Santnader123 account. What's your point?
  • soulsaver
    soulsaver Posts: 5,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    tg99 wrote: »
    Anyone applied as an existing customer? Rather than my account being opened straight away it said I would hear in a few days but not received any email confirmation of my application last night.

soulsaver wrote: »
    After an easy peasy success yesterday, I tried to open a Select Ac online (late) last night for OH.

It didn't go through the same process as mine did in office hours... didn't have the digi ID check... didn't have the addy from post code - had to input it longhand... didn't get the full list of jobs drop down etc.

Most importantly didn't get email saying you've been accepted.

So had another go this am and it sailed through.. as mine did yesterday. So if you get issues late on, maybe leave it until their working hours 07:30 to 22:00 (think).

I suspect after 10pm some support is taken down...

I'd give it another go... now.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport