Help please on Holiday issues I found out about

Options

Comments

• Thai67
    Thai67 Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    Even though they said I would have to pay any extra does anybody think they may move a little on price as I have seen a possible hotel change but its quite alot more. Im thinking its worth a try if the alternative is cancellation from their point of view surely
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    This is a question I always used to get the travel agent to ask the hotel: is there any building works.
  • Thai67
    Options
    Yes but apparently this trave
  • Thai67
    Options
    Yes that's great but apparently this travel agent ( tui) own the hotel so would they have told me anyway? Also what do you think of a company that has admitted that their is a problem and yet I go on their site and surprise surprise they are still selling the holiday to people and have not put the TripAdvisor reviews up yet? So i think not all my fault really!
  • Thai67
    Options
    Understand what your saying and maybe that was my mistake but they own this hotel should they still be selling it now with no TripAdvisor reports as this just looks very sneaky to me. As the hotel that's being built next door is also a riu apparently so their is no way they don't know about this.
  • Thai67
    Options
    Also i really am looking for advice not criticism for a mistake that i am sure an awful lot of people have made. Thanks
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 10 January 2018 at 9:32PM
    Options
    See
    http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/holidays/article-4467424/The-dream-family-holidays-wrecked-noisy-builders.html
    “If you find out before you travel, you can cancel the holiday and demand a full refund.”
  • Thai67
    Options
    Hi again just wondering if anyone knows the procedure for getting my money back from tui as they are saying only free amendment but not cancellation as they are still investigating. Even though they admitted to me it was a problem over 2 weeks ago
  • PeacefulWaters
    Options
    Small claims court.

ABTA arbitration.
  • Ganga
    Ganga Posts: 4,157 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thai67 wrote: »
    Even though they said I would have to pay any extra does anybody think they may move a little on price as I have seen a possible hotel change but its quite alot more. Im thinking its worth a try if the alternative is cancellation from their point of view surely

Go back to the travel agent and ask them,point out that it must be better for them to pay a little more than the bad publicity when you end up next to a building site and spread it out over facebook,twitter etc.:eek:
    ITS NOT EASY TO GET EVERYTHING WRONG ,I HAVE TO WORK HARD TO DO IT!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure