Lost order paid on credit card

Options
I recently ordered my nephew a present online, Immediately after placing the order I was told that he already had what I ordered him. So I instantly contacted the website I ordered from to cancel the order, with no answer. I gave it a few days and contacted them again but with no reply still.

Today I managed to talk to someone on the website's live chat feature, where I was informed by the rudest member of staff I've ever encountered, that I can't cancel the order as it's already been delivered. After an hour of back and forth and being fobbed off by the website I contacted royal mail and they are investigating where the missing parcel is, so that I can return it and get my refund.

Now my question is this, as I paid via my santander credit card would I be able to report this to them and have them removed that charge from my card or am I just looking at a big loss here if the parcel never shows up.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    If the parcel doesn't turn up and you're not issued a refund, you could pursue a chargeback or section 75 claim via the card.
  • jonesMUFCforever
    Options
    How much was it for?
    The present must have cost at least £100 for a S75 claim.
  • crosk1189
    crosk1189 Posts: 13 Forumite
    Options
    It was about £75, which I'm guessing is just shy to make the claim! Fingers crossed it shows up then.
  • jonesMUFCforever
    Options
    crosk1189 wrote: »
    It was about £75, which I'm guessing is just shy to make the claim! Fingers crossed it shows up then.

You can still dispute the transaction for goods not received.
    (If it does not turn up) Otherwise cut your losses and sell it on.
  • eco_warrior
    Options
    Utterly clueless replies

Chargebacks have been happening since time began so you will be fine. Folk bleating on about s75 don’t help much, it’s there when required but not here
  • agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Utterly clueless replies

Chargebacks have been happening since time began so you will be fine. Folk bleating on about s75 don’t help much, it’s there when required but not here

Perhaps read what's been written before rudely shouting your mouth off. S75 was mentioned before the OP advised the cost of the item. And I think you have a misguided view of just how long the chargeback scheme has been in existence.
  • McKneff
    McKneff Posts: 38,825 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Utterly clueless replies

Politeness is free.
    Rudeness is bordering on ignorance

No one will be there for you if or when you need help

Stop now or you wont last long on here.
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport