Need help with AA02 form from Company House

GabrielMihalcea
GabrielMihalcea Posts: 2 Newbie
edited 8 June 2018 at 12:08PM in Small biz MoneySaving
Hello everyone.
I am sorry that my first post on the forum is asking for your help already, but I really need it.

I am getting confused while completing the AA02 form for a Dormant company Accounts
I own a company since October 2016 which never traded but I own few assets on the company name which I bought with money I invested.

Balance of the Sheet ends on 31/10/2017
Number of shares: 1
Value of the shares: £100
Cash in the bank account in that time: £9
But... I invested £266 from my own money by depositing in the business account and buying the assets.

Here comes the dilemma:
As simple as it looks I've tried my options to complete in the form as follows:

Date of Balance Sheet: 31/10/2017
Required Currency: GBP
Called up share capital not paid: ???
Cash at bank and in the hand: £9
Net assets: £266
Share Class: Ordinary (I guess)
Value of each share: £100
Current Period: £100
Shareholder's fund: £100
For the year ending: 31/10/2017
Date of approval of accounts: 08/06/2018 (my first time filling this form so I guess it should be the date of today)

I get the error while trying to submit that the Shareholder's fund must be equal with net assets.

Based on the information provided, can someone help me to figure out where's my mistake and what should I change, please?

I am really grateful with many thanks to everyone for helping me!
Have a good day,
Gabriel M.

Comments

• Rappa
    Rappa Posts: 51 Forumite
    Hello everyone.
    I am sorry that my first post on the forum is asking for your help already, but I really need it.

I am getting confused while completing the AA02 form for a Dormant company Accounts
    I own a company since October 2016 which never traded but I own few assets on the company name which I bought with money I invested.

Balance of the Sheet ends on 31/10/2017
    Value of the shares: £100
    Cash in the bank account in that time: £9
    But... I invested £266 from my own money by depositing in the business account and buying the assets.

Here comes the dilemma:
    As simple as it looks I've tried my options to complete in the form as follows:

Date of Balance Sheet: 31/10/2017
    Required Currency: GBP
    Called up share capital not paid: ???
    Cash at bank and in the hand: £9
    Net assets: £266
    Share Class: Ordinary (I guess)
    Value of each share: £100
    Current Period: £100
    Shareholder's fund: £100
    For the year ending: 31/10/2017
    Date of approval of accounts: 08/06/2018 (my first time filling this form so I guess it should be the date of today)

I get the error while trying to submit that the Shareholder's fund must be equal with net assets.

Based on the information provided, can someone help me to figure out where's my mistake and what should I change, please?

I am really grateful with many thanks to everyone for helping me!
    Have a good day,
    Gabriel M.

Your mistake is trying to file dormant accounts for a company that has had significant accounting transactions.

Consult an accountant.
  • Hi Rappa, thanks for your reply.

As far as I understood the principle of a dormant company in UK, and following the same principle, my company is still dormant because it never traded and never received profits or done any services on the behalf of the company.
    It was an investment for couple of assets I bought, on a company behalf.
    The money for investments came from my salary I'm receiving from my workplace, with all my taxes paid on a regular basics (NI, PAYE TAX etc.).

Please I need your knowledge, a dormant company is an inactive company which never traded, and becomes active on it's first transaction including buying assets? or in the moment it starts trading and receive profits?...

I am a bit confused and I want to leave the accountant as a last resort.

Thank you,
    Gabriel.
  • 00ec25
    00ec25 Posts: 9,123 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 9 June 2018 at 8:50AM
    As far as I understood the principle of a dormant company in UK, and following the same principle, my company is still dormant because it never traded and never received profits or done any services on the behalf of the company.
    It was an investment for couple of assets I bought, on a company behalf.
    I appreciate you do not want to spend money but you are totally out of your depth and have no idea how to prepare your balance sheet and profit and loss accounts

Bite the bullet and pay an accountant

you meet one, but not both definitions:

Dormant for Corporation tax: https://www.gov.uk/dormant-company/dormant-for-corporation-tax

Dormant for Companies house: https://www.gov.uk/dormant-company/dormant-for-companies-house

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/life-of-a-company-annual-requirements/life-of-a-company-part-1-accounts#dormant-company-accounts

a company is dormant if it has had no significant accounting transactions during the accounting period. A significant accounting transaction is one which the company should enter in its accounting records.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure