Puzz tries again.. this time with claws... My DMP Journey. I will get debt free...

Options

Comments

• Puzzcat
    Puzzcat Posts: 4,200 Forumite
    Options
    So good morning Tuesday and welcome to October.. I'm a bit chilly this morning.. winter will be here before we know it along with christmas.....

I couldn't get to sleep last night but on the upside I do feel better today so hopefully scared off the lurgy...!

New bank account's looking lovely now OH's share has also hit it... although the dd's are piling out so will soon be depleted...! Did get £1.20 interest paid on the account, now how shall I spend it..:D

Will today be the day I hear from SC, I think that's what's playing on my mind along with any news from the latest creditors. Only heard from 3 out of the original 5, but I'm sure they will be in contact in due course..

Hope everyone has a good day, I shall return later.....................
    Christmas 2020 £109
    I love my dmp started in Nov 13 with SC. Self Managed 2016 57% done
    £60062/25384.84 - 13222.60k UE

MY DIARY
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4768685
  • Puzzcat
    edited 2 October 2013 at 12:43PM
    Options
    Good News.... Heard from SC and plan is good to go...jump.gif they will be contacting all my creditors (who all should be aware of it by now as last letters went Friday..) and then we shall see what they say....

Obviously I am hoping that they all agree the reduced payments and stop interest but having read laods of helpful information on the dmp support thread I'm ready to fight my corner...:)

So now I know what's what I can go ahead and reorganise this month's money to cover car expenses and sort out my saving/budget pots..

Nothing new or exciting to report other than the above of course... OH back tonight so my clean house will remain no more...HS3vacuumsm.gif

One of my cats is still poorly, fine in herself but being sick.... I'll give her a few more days but may have to visit the dreaded vet again....

Dilema.. Suppose to be going out for the day on Saturday. When it was arranged I did say I was free on the Sunday but my friend bought tickets for the wrong day... Can just about work this but if i'm honest I dont' really want to go..

I don't want to spend my credit on my oyster or other spends at this time... will have to think on this one..... Plus I'm an antisocial creature and love being at home.... I always think a day or night out is a good idea until it comes round so rather than let people down I just say no outright.. my friend bought the tickets before I agreed... Will have to make my decision soon.....

Right off to play bank accounts...
    Christmas 2020 £109

MY DIARY
  • Puzzcat
    Options
    Slightly confused.gif today.. checked old bank account and my loan balance has gone down and shows a payment made on the 1st October.. No idea where from as my balance to my od on the current account it was set up from until I cancelled has stayed the same.. .No doubt all will become clear in the end...!!

Cold and rainy despite the forecast of 20 degrees.. don't think the weatherman got that right.. luckily I have the slow cooker going for a nice hot meal later.. It bubbles around the lid as it cooks and myHS3298.gifhas spent all day just watching, waiting to catch one... she loves to cuddle up close to it.. quite sensible really! In fact if I was more agile I may be tempted to join her, as there's no way i'm putting the heating on yet...

Spoke to my friend about Saturday and think we may just go out for lunch and a HSchat.gif instead of treking to town., so that's a good compromise me thinks...

Nearly the weekend again.. these weeks are flying past.. it will soon be..... christmas ....Shopping for that will start later this month.. well actually I've already started but don't tell anyone...!!!

Think i'm down to my last 50p in the purse. good job its pay myself day tomorrow... still trying to keep to budget ready for the dmp start in november..
    Christmas 2020 £109

MY DIARY
  • Puzzcat
    Options
    So the good news..

Received £24 of vouchers in the post this morning... christmas pot coming along nicely...

Went out to lunch with my friend...friends2.gif

House reasonably clean and washing done...people566.gif

Food shop done and stayed in budget..shop.gif

Out again tomorrow with my 'to be' sister in law and nieces..and then mother for dinner.. well not literally obviously...:D

The bad news...

Online statement and postal statement from 2 creditors showing ever increasing balances...:eek:

Lunch.. good company but the food was a wee bit strange. its was suppose to be a tasting plate of hummus, tatziki (sp) and a couple of other things.. I have no idea which one was what.. green one, pink one and 2 white one's... not sure i will repeat that meal but it was lovely to go out as I do it very infrequently.. apart from with my mum and she pays!!!

The funny news....

Girl cat still being sick occasionally.. cat.gif I went to bed last night before OH got home, turns out she was sick in the doorway of the bedroom and when he came up he stood right in it.. squeezed between his toes apparantly.. I must confess to a little snigger at that one..:rotfl:
    Christmas 2020 £109

MY DIARY
  • Puzzcat
    Options
    Hello Monday... the weeks are whizzing by and before we know it, it will be HSxmastree.gif. Having browsed the shops at the weekend and picking up my first christmas catalogue I declare this diary open for christmas.... I have paid in another £20 of 20p's to my christmas savings and £10 of 50p's to my wedding saving accounts.. not my wedding I might add... but a family one involving flights and accommodation so saving essential for that next year.

Have written and ready to post 3 more creditor letters, really repeating what I have already told them and including a token ppayment to show i'm poor but willing...:rotfl:Until SC step in with the payments I'm trying to keep to the 28 day schedule.

All quiet otherwise.. the calm before the storm one imagines....bitenails.gif
    Christmas 2020 £109

MY DIARY
  • Puzzcat
    Options
    Well today brought 3 lovely statements from creditors all with added interest and late payment fees.. ho hum... hoping this will settle soon as SC letters should hopefully be winging towards them in the next week or so....

Last night, domestic goddess that I am, I was doing yet more.. people566.gif and the machine ws making a right noise... couldn't think of anything that was in amongst the clothes so was hoping for a pile of change from OH's shorts to be in there when it finished... So what did I find.... A Fork...! boggled.gif Why would a fork be in my washing machine.. still it came out clean.. maybe I should try the glassware in it next....:eek:

Nothing else exciting to report, so far today anyway... Bank account still looking lovely, long may it stay that way....! :D

Christmas 2020 £109

MY DIARY
  • Puzzcat
    Options
    Dull old start to the day with meetings... needed a few of these to keep me awake... coffee.gif

Todays post brought a statutory arrears notice from m & s, it shows details of my arrears and also my token payments. When I sent the token payment I included a second letter and as they have cashed the cheque they can't say they didn't receive the letter. On this notice it does state to contact them, but I think as they have had my letter and will be hearing from SC any day now I won't worry at this point. No other money news... still waiting to get my welcome pack from SC, wonder how long it normally takes.... may ask over on the dmp support board.....

Middle of the week already, weekend will be flying round and i'm looking forwards to a saturday night girls night in party at a friends house..lots of smilie2.gif and drink.gif....

Christmas 2020 £109

MY DIARY
  • parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hello puzzcat.

I have been nosing on your diary, I hope that's ok.

I have been on a DMP for a number of years now and if I remember rightly it was set up fairly quickly. I will be glad to see the end of it though, fingers crossed for the start of next year.

The fork in the washing machine made me smile, they do get in the oddest places. Our cats have magnetic bits on there collars for the cat flap. One of the cats was walking around with a fork stuck to it the other day. A few months ago it was a D0lmio lid which means he had been at someone's bin bags as I don't use it. Poor thing, he's not too bright.

Enjoy your night out.
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • Puzzcat
    Options
    Hi Parsniphead, thank you for dropping by... its nice to have some company! I do feel like i'm rambling away to myself and its nice to know there are people out there reading my mad ramblings...:D

Cats are wonderful creatures arn't they... I remember years ago one of ours used to bring food home.. he didn't eat it just brought it back for us.. slices of bread and a jacket spud are one's I remember....

Things I am waiting for...

£5 - MySurvey payment
    £40 - Onepoll payment
    £100 - from mortgage company for switching
    Welcome Pack from SC...
    £5 voucher from RM for completed survey

Would be nice if tomorrow the postie brings me something nice instead of scary statements....

Now domestic goddess that I am i'm off to hang out yet more.. HSwash.gif

Christmas 2020 £109

MY DIARY
  • Puzzcat
    Options
    Gosh, shock to the system with the temperature today.. I'm sitting here feeling a little cold.gif. Downside to working from home is the paying for your own heating in the winter... Still I will not be defeated and I've put on another jumper and will warm up when I go to do the school run in a wee while....

After being impatient waiting for my welcome pack from SC I rang them at lunchtime, was on hold for 20 minutes (freephone number..) and the postman drops it through the letter box... Didn't provide me with the information I'm after but I think that follows soon.

Then a call to the Mortgage company about the cheque I returned as it was made out in joint names and we no longer have an account so it was returned with a letter as advised. This was a few weeks ago and I'm glad I rang as it had been posted out on 30 September but hasn't got here, so they will do another one... Prefer it in my account earning interest than in there's...well till I start my HSchristmaswindow.gif shopping over the next few weeks....

Another statement in the post... more interest and charges added... i could have a tantrum.gif but I'm sure it will all settle down, hopefully this side of christmas... I have a stash of stamps (RM pay me them for survey postal work) and lots of paper so will be ready to send lots of letters once dmp is in place to those who do not stop the interest..

Best do some of this HSiron.gifthis afternoon, to get us through friday and then its the weekend...blissysmile.gif
    Christmas 2020 £109

MY DIARY
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business