Transfering to SBT with lower limit ?

Options
Just been accepted for 10 K from lloyds plat and wish to transfer it to my Egg blue (sbt).

Question: Egg blue limit is 5K, so if i transfer 10K onto it will it be accepted or will they kick up a fuss.

Could i transfer 5K this week, move it in 5 days time, then transfer another 5K. would that work OK??

Any one had similar, or any advice appreciated.

Cheers Paul

Comments

• YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Egg Blue is now "Egg Money", and encourages positive balances as it pays 4% AER on them. Transfer the entire £10K in one go. Don't forget the "1st 6 weeks" criteria on the LloydsTSB platinum.
  • paultw5
    paultw5 Posts: 146 Forumite
    Options
    thanks Yorkshire, thought it would be OK but wanted to double check. 6 weeks is noted.

Cheers again

Paul...
  • barrowboy_3
    Options
    I have the same issue as paultw5 except 10k on capital one I wish to transfer to virgin with 6k balance limit. Will I have to transfer in two stages as described above or will this also work in one go.
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    barrowboy wrote:
    I have the same issue as paultw5 except 10k on capital one I wish to transfer to virgin with 6k balance limit. Will I have to transfer in two stages as described above or will this also work in one go.
    At the risk of over-analysing (and over-complicating) this scenario, the BT fees are going to be fairly substantial whichever way you do this aren't they?

Single stage
    Assuming you've a new Cap One card, a £10K BT from Virgin will cost you £200. The BT from your current account to Virgin will cost a further £50, making £250 in total.

Two stage
    The BT from Virgin to Cap One will still be £200 (£100 + £100) but you will incur 2 x £50 BT fees from your current account to Virgin, making £300 in total - but no awkward questions from Virgin.

I'm not sure how Virgin treat positive balances, but others may be able to help here. Have you looked at your Virgin T&C's to see if they have a policy on positive balances?

Personally, I've always tried to use a providers online systems to avoid awkward questions when carrying out transactions such as these.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure