Link Financial Debt Collection

Options
Hi,

I have just today received a Letter from Link Financial debt recovery, asking to get in touch about a debt which I apparently have. They say they have taken the debt from LC Asset S.a.r.l another company whom I have never dealt with. In the letter they state they have been trying to get in touch, yet this is the first time I have ever heard from them.
I have am currently not in any debt other than mortgage, so I am completely baffled by this letter. It doesn't even state what/where/when the debt is from. I have looked the company up and they seem like a legitimate company.
Could somebody have taken something out under my name? I don't know, I imagine it would be difficult to get the necessary documents to pull something like that off?

I don't know how to proceed, should I call them? E-mail them? Write to them?

Any help/assistance/advice would be very much appreciated.

Comments

• Mrsn
    Mrsn Posts: 1,430 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Link Financial are definitely a legitimate company. My DH’s had dealings with them in past regarding a debt with Barclaycard. A simple phone call I’m sure would clear things up, especially if someone has managed to get a card in your name. Would it be worth signing up to the MSE money club and you can get your report from there for free which which will confirm if anything has been applied for/taken out
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure