Car Insurance Saving - worth all that typing

Options
Well, after 2 hours of patiently typing our details into various car insurance sites and comparison sites, I have saved over £250 on the insurance for our 2 cars. I saw some incredibly high quotes too, but found a good one with the same cover as our current insurer and £257 saving. This was based on a Multiple Car account (also tried getting single car cover, but it was more expensive) with a company that I already have breakdown cover through. I may be tired and have sore fingers, but feeling proud. Ali x
DEBT FREE IN SEPTEMBER 2022, after 33 years of debt!
Now I concentrate on building my £6000 Emergency Fund
Read my blog about living with chronic pain/fatigue and earning money onlinebalancinglifewithchronicpain.com

Comments

• keith1950
    keith1950 Posts: 2,597 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Same here....I do it every year.
    This year I got my two 2.0 litre 4wd's covered for £235 each...and that includes breakdown and protected no claims.
    People who don't bother trying deserve to pay over the odds.
  • bognorcodger
    Options
    Always revealing how quotes vary when you shop around - even from same insurer. My car insurance is due for renewal mid-July so I checked options a couple of day's ago. For EXACTLY the same details, Sainsburys quoted £325.06 direct, with £30 of Nectar points, or £185.52 via Moneysupermarket. Same risk but £110 cheaper. Am I missing something here?
  • eddddy
    eddddy Posts: 16,443 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    For EXACTLY the same details, Sainsburys quoted £325.06 direct, with £30 of Nectar points, or £185.52 via Moneysupermarket. Same risk but £110 cheaper. Am I missing something here?

You will find that with buying many products and and services online - not just insurance.

If you go to the website for a particular brand (in this case Sainsbury), they assume that you have gone there because the brand is important to you (and price is less important).

If you go to a price comparison website, they assume you have gone there because price is important to you (and brand is less important).

So you will typically be quoted lower prices on comparison sites.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure