Budget Energy

Options

Comments

• markdebby
    markdebby Posts: 156 Forumite
    Options
    Is anyone else with SSE? I'm with powerNI and looking to change. Ripplyuk why would you not change?
  • ripplyuk
    ripplyuk Posts: 2,888 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    markdebby wrote: »
    Is anyone else with SSE? I'm with powerNI and looking to change. Ripplyuk why would you not change?

I went with them before and I’ll never forget the hassle. My bills were far higher than they had ever been before (and since) despite the ‘lower’ unit price. I still can’t work out why. I only signed up as they said it was contract free and I could leave anytime. When I tried to do that, it turned out not to be so easy. They denied it, said I was now in a 2yr contract etc. Eventually I had to ask the consumer council to step in and help (which they did and they were great).
  • Cherryscone
    Cherryscone Posts: 1,412 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    ripplyuk wrote: »
    I’ve now moved to electric Ireland. The introductory bonuses over a year seem quite good. That’ll cover quite a chunk of my usage.

I was with Click before that but their prices went up. Also, I’d used up all their main bonuses for the first year (they give £25 quid a year after that) so it was worth moving. I wouldn’t go near SSE, no matter how cheap, after my previous experience with them.
    I changed over to Electric Ireland as well they even came to the House and did the change over which was good.
    ~We are all going to hell and guess who Is driving the bus~
    *Norn Iron club Member 294* (Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE Forum Team)
  • dsab
    dsab Posts: 328 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I am with SSE, and very happy with them. I like the fact that they let me submit my meter readings every month, so that I get a bill for exactly what I used.
  • ChrisNI
    ChrisNI Posts: 64 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Same here, I've been with SSE just over a year and have had no complaints. Currently paying around 13.5p per unit and my bills are usually always accurate since I submit a meter reading every month
  • nilocmac
    nilocmac Posts: 507 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I have just got an email saying that I can leave before 1st June. I thought I was signed up for a year but it turns out that they are being sneaky as they are going to charge an 8p a day standing charge which was not part of the original deal.

Bit frustrated I probably was going to move but I thought I had a guaranteed price for the year.

Anyone else had this experience? Thinking of moving to SEE.

I had been paying rough 12p including vat which was a really good rate.

:mad::mad:
  • n1guy
    n1guy Posts: 685 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    nilocmac wrote: »
    I have just got an email saying that I can leave before 1st June. I thought I was signed up for a year but it turns out that they are being sneaky as they are going to charge an 8p a day standing charge which was not part of the original deal.

Bit frustrated I probably was going to move but I thought I had a guaranteed price for the year.

I got this email also. Does that mean we can definitely leave penalty free
  • kazzybabes
    kazzybabes Posts: 341 Forumite
    Options
    nilocmac wrote: »

I got this email too except im going to be getting charged 10p a day, i can leave anyway so i better start looking!
  • jnm21
    jnm21 Posts: 853 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I sincerely hope that this move is not the start of the trend (you know how when one puts up prices the others mystically all decide to do the same).
    Certain OTT members have caused me to add this disclaimer: all advice given is free of charge & as such should be taken to be IIRC (as I don't spend hours researching all answers :eek: )!
  • nilocmac
    nilocmac Posts: 507 Forumite
    Options
    I guess my greater concern is that they are all going to start charging a standing charge per day.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure