Re-open eBay return.

Options
A few days ago I purchased an item and the seller has sent the wrong type. Listing is for H4 headlight lamps and they sent HB4.
Sent them, it's a Toyota dealership, two messages about this without any response to date.
Opened a not as described through eBay and wish to return. Decided to give them one more chance through messages and cancelled the return request. Still no reply.
Now I find it is not an option to start another return because I closed the original.:(
After all the above ramble, is there a way I can open another return without actully contacting eBay directly?
Thanks in advance.

Comments

• soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,207 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    A few days ago I purchased an item and the seller has sent the wrong type. Listing is for H4 headlight lamps and they sent HB4.
    Sent them, it's a Toyota dealership, two messages about this without any response to date.
    Opened a not as described through eBay and wish to return. Decided to give them one more chance through messages and cancelled the return request. Still no reply.
    Now I find it is not an option to start another return because I closed the original.:(
    After all the above ramble, is there a way I can open another return without actully contacting eBay directly?
    Thanks in advance.

No you can't open another returns request now, why on earth did you cancel it?

You can do a SNAD claim on paypal, which should succeed but you will be expected to return the product at your own cost fully tracked and insured.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    As above.

Open a Paypal case and do NOT close it. Escalate it as soon as you are able and keep a VERY KEEN eye on the timelines Paypal give you.

When they tell you to return it, do so using a method which has a proof of delivery viewable online.

You can use https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/refunded-returns for a help with the returns cost.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure