GSP sale about to go bad?

Options
It's a while since I've sold anything on Ebay, but took advantage of a free listing offer to list a camera for around £300. not knowing about the changes I opted in to GSP and the camera has sold to someone in Ireland. The problem is two days later no payment and no contact. The buyer has only been on Ebay since 26th Feb and has no feedback.

I've never had problems selling on Ebay before, but this already feels like it is going to go pear shaped. I know I can open a 'not paid' case but any suggestions on the best way to void this sale would be appreciated.

Comments

• goodfella66
    goodfella66 Posts: 357 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    If you don't receive payment just open an item not paid case as soon as you can. I know it's a bit long winded but at least you are guaranteed your fees back and the buyer allegedly gets a black mark.
  • theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Don't overthink it, open an NPB case (from day 2) and close it 4 days later. Block the buyer and seller again.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,207 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    As above, just get an NPB open as soon as you feel comfortable doing so. 2 days is not unusual nowadays for an item to await payment.

Also, be aware that some parts of Ireland really suffered badly with the recent weather, it might be they are busy worrying about other things and not about an ebay purchase.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Shimrod
    Shimrod Posts: 1,069 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    soolin wrote: »
    Also, be aware that some parts of Ireland really suffered badly with the recent weather, it might be they are busy worrying about other things and not about an ebay purchase.

That might be the case, but this was on as a 'buy it now', so it's unlikely they were that concerned. I can open the NPB later today, so as advised I will just go through that process.
  • Nesty
    Nesty Posts: 492 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    soolin wrote: »
    As above, just get an NPB open as soon as you feel comfortable doing so. 2 days is not unusual nowadays for an item to await payment.

TBH, 95% of my buyers pay instantly. If I'm waiting 24 hours for payment, there generally is an issue, or the buyer won't at all!
  • sham63
    sham63 Posts: 1,067 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Shimrod wrote: »
    That might be the case, but this was on as a 'buy it now', so it's unlikely they were that concerned. I can open the NPB later today, so as advised I will just go through that process.

Next time you list a ‘buy it now’ item, select the ‘instant payment’ option and you won’t get this problem again.
  • Shimrod
    Shimrod Posts: 1,069 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    sham63 wrote: »
    Next time you list a ‘buy it now’ item, select the ‘instant payment’ option and you won’t get this problem again.

I thought this was only available on business accounts? Anyway, the item was relisted on Sunday after going through the NPB process, and sold on Monday.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure