MSE News: IT shutdown stops TSB offering new fixed mortgages to existing customers

Options
2»

Comments

• MarkBedford
    Options
    paddyandstumpy--you would like to think they cannot change their story but on day 1 of this[28th march]I was told it should be sorted by April 1st--then on the 3rd April I was told it would be probably be between 6-8 weeks--then three days later told it should be 3-4 weeks.Now it seems to be 6 weeks again!!!!
    amst-yes I am offended having been told I could arrange new deal on the Friday only to find by Monday all deals were off.
    Do you really think they have 1.3 BILLION accounts...that is a large part of the worlds population !
    I was not trying to jump ship for a better deal--just trying to be loyal and stay with my existing provider.
    This failure does not affect people elsewhere jumping ship to TSB for a better deal-they can still apply-only loyal existing customers are affected.
  • aimone111
    Options
    I have spoken to the FCA about this and they have confirmed that TSB are in breach of rules 6 and 7 of their principles, as well as section 3A.2.4 of the MCOB rulebook as they are still advertising rates for existing customers and saying they wont honour them. if the rates go up they will essentially be penalising customer based on something TSB got wrong.

I would move but as I went through help to buy it would mean re-mortgaging with an additional 20% of the mortgage I have now (due to people not taking the mortgage unless its in full I have been advised by 4 lenders). Which would mean more interest so again penalising the customer based on TSBs incompetence.

I would recommend emailing [EMAIL="paul.pester@tsb.co.uk"]paul.pester@tsb.co.uk[/EMAIL] and if they still decline which they did me, then go to the financial ombudsman.
  • liamwguy
    liamwguy Posts: 4 Newbie
    edited 24 April 2018 at 2:21PM
    Options
    @KeyJ - Interesting... well that's what i was told initially too (via a local branch) but on following up with TSB Mortgage Services (by phone), the last 3 months was then mentioned...

Have you gone ahead and proceeded to move elsewhere then?
  • liamwguy
    Options
    @aimone111

I thought I'd chance an email to Paul Pester as per your suggestion and to my surprise, he replied yesterday (same day of writing), apologised and said he's asked head of customer services to contact me in the next few days!

I'll respond further with any updates on the situation.
  • CityBlue
    CityBlue Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    We are currently is the process of selling our house and the purchaser has a mortgage through TSB. It should have completed this week, however they are not able to get an answer from TSB as to when they are going to get the mortgage money through. All very frustrating as we are now stuck with no idea how long this is going to take.

Anyone else having this issue?
  • aimone111
    Options
    Hi,

I have had to email Paul Pester again and in the end spoke to the customer service manager, who has said they will honour the rate I saw, 2.29% for 5 years fixed. so its definitely worth pushing.

I still have a complaint open with the ombudsman as I don't trust TSB, so until its complete it will stay open, but that was good news.

Funnily enough now, since the IT problems, my mortgage has disappeared from my account, fingers crossed it wont come back :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure